Menu

Question about vacuums

I am running around, but need to buy a vacuum in the next couple of days. Budget is no more than $150. All of my floors are tile, hard wood, or laminate. I have one area rug [in serious need of a good vacuum] and hope to buy a carpet remnant for a room with little heat. Any suggestions on what would be a good one for that price. And please, I wish I could buy a Dyson or Eletrolux(sp?) but I cannot. Have to do with one at the level of $150 or less.

What say the hive?

Hopefully I will check back in a few hours.

Thanks

I hate every vacuum I've ever owned. Spent $100 - $700 and they are all garbage. I finally gave up nice ones and just buy whatever looks decent at Sam's or Target. (If it really stinks you can always return it.) I tell myself not to be sad when I hate to throw it out and start over a year later. My basement is also known as the Vacuum Graveyard. (If part of it works, I hate to throw it out. . . so they live in the basement where they work with the wand part but not the carpet part. . .) I think we've killed or maimed at least 5 in as many years. So sad.

Good luck. I'll watch this thread for ideas for our next vacuum. . .

Based on the type of flooring - I'd try to find a canister vac within your price range. I've had my kenmore for probably close to 15 years - but I think it was a bit more than $150.

I believe a canister vac will pick up more dust than an upright will.

Yeah, but outside of Electroloux [hmmm, still doesn't look right] I don't think they sell canister vacs anymore.:glare: I loved my Eureka. It had a great carpet attachment. All of the uprights with floor attachments don't look very friendly. KWIM? It's ok for the occasional corner, but an entire house? :confused:

What to do.

Sure, they make canisters! Amazon has tons of them that you can check out.

What I learned from my recent vacuum research/purchase is that Electrolux is now made by Eureka, which is not a bad thing because Eureka vacs are usually rated pretty well. I would get the best rated one you can in your price range. I think you'll be much happier with a canister on all your hard floors.

Sure, they make canisters! Amazon has tons of them that you can check out.

What I learned from my recent vacuum research/purchase is that Electrolux is now made by Eureka, which is not a bad thing because Eureka vacs are usually rated pretty well. I would get the best rated one you can in your price range. I think you'll be much happier with a canister on all your hard floors.

Thank you, I thought I was going crazy for a while there. :tongue_smilie:

Lots of tile/hardwood? Get a Roomba! The more basic models should be in the $150 range, and they vacuum while you do other cleaning. Or take a nap. Your choice :D.

The only thing about them is you have to buy a new battery periodically. You can get them on Newegg for about $40 with a warranty up to 2 years.

Hey Girl!

We have had the same vacuum for years and it is a Kenmore Progressive. It's the only vacuum we have had that didn't die in a year. No kidding. It's a yellow upright and it is bagless and beltless. Sorry no Dyson for us either!!