Menu

Q for Math Mammoth users

JMDRAD

I tried some in b & w but went back to printing in color. It is not a huge amount of color but it seems to add some visual appeal and it does help in some of the illustrations. Having said that, I would say you don't NEED TO print in color by any means. It is just my personal preference.

I print in color, because it helps my dyslexic/VSL son separate the components of the lesson; he gets "lost" with a busy page that's all B&W, and when he was younger he felt overwhelmed by it. Has your child used B&W math books before, or do they prefer color? I'd try printing out a few lessons in B&W and a few in color and see if it makes any difference to your child. It's worth the extra expense to me for my dc to enjoy math instead of thinking it's dull or overwhelming, but for other kids I'm sure the lack of color wouldn't make any difference (and for some it might even be preferable).

Jackie

Thanks to each of you for the replies. I'll probably go with B&W since it's more cost effective. My dd has been using MUS for the past two years so I doubt the lack of color will be a problem for her. Thanks again!:001_smile: