Menu

Argh!! I need technical help...

I don't know how to make this computer "find" my wireless printer. My dh has generously offered me his computer to use since mine is likely dead forever. There are a couple of problems with this, one being that I cannot find my backup disk for Office 2007 (but that's another story...:glare:). On my old computer, all I had to do was open the printers folder, click on "add printer" and it would automatically search for (and find) my wireless printer. This computer doesn't do that. What should I try? :confused:

You will probably have to track down the disk that came with the printer or download the install program from the manufacturer's site. Older operating systems don't know about wireless printers.

:iagree:

Mr. Ellie says you shouldn't have to install anything on your computer, and that you should be able to search for your printer. The drivers would be installed after you found the printer.

He says there are other things that you have to do, like check for security on your wireless, which might required entering security codes and other big words I don't understand.:tongue_smilie:He thinks that's your problem.

If you want to, you can PM me, and I'll give you my telephone # so you can talk to Mr. Ellie. He does this for a living. :)

Thankfully, the things listed above worked. AND dd found my backup for Office 2007. :hurray:

And Ellie, please tell your dh thank you for me. I'm so thankful for people who are willing to share their talents/abilities freely. At the top of my list are technical people who help me out of a bind. :thumbup: