Menu

Anyone use bookmooch.com? It's like paperbackswap.com but a differnt site. I only just found it and was wondering if anyone else has tried it.

I use both PBS and BookMooch. Bookmooch doesn't have the book posting criteria that PBS has, but expects members to put a condition note on books that have some issue with them, a different cover than shown, etc. It's nice to be able to list books that can't be posted at PBS because they don't meet the posting criteria (I've traded some books there w/ obvious damage, but they're popular and hard to find). The wishlist also works differently - you get an email when a book becomes available, and it's given to whoever requests it first.

Paperbackswap has a feature that allows you to print a label with the postage on it. It's a barcode. Then you can mail it from home rather than making a trip to the post office.

Bookmooch does not have this feature.

But in my experience Bookmooch is more active. Book I had listed for a couple years on Paperbackswap with no one interested were immediately snatched up when I listed them on Bookmooch.

I use both PBS and Bookmooch as well. I have gotten some great books from both sites. I have been working on next years literature list and I find lots of books on both sites. I have more credits on Bookmooch than I do PBS. Credits are easier and quicker to get on BM. You get 1/10th credit just for listing a book and for receiving a book. You can buy credits on PBS also.

Paperbackswap has a feature that allows you to print a label with the postage on it. It's a barcode. Then you can mail it from home rather than making a trip to the post office.

Bookmooch does not have this feature.

If you use the PBS postage, you get a credit when the barcode is scanned. But you can use Paypal to print labels for either site, and still mail from home (which is what I do). Here's a discussion about that:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157606

• 4 months later...

Bookmooch is available internationally, so that is what we use.

If you post a parcel overseas, you get 3 points (and receiving one from overseas costs you two points) as opposed to the 1 point for in-country mooches.

We have a fabulous homeschool library thanks to Bookmooch. Many of the books listed in American curriculums are just not available in 2nd hand bookstores or the library here, so it has been fantastic. I really appreciate everyone who is willing to send books internationally!!

I actually prefer bookmooch but I feel like it takes more me time on the computer to keep it all going with the 1st to mooch and keeping all my books available current and mailing quickly. I have a ton of point through it though which is nice...now I am just waiting for some of the books I want to become available.

Hannah,

Are you HannahW? I think you ordered one of mine. :) So fun!

So, if 100 people from WTM all join and post all of theirs, we'd have an awesome trade going on and would all find books we want! We just need to get it to grow! It was easier than PBS!

The have a reserve function so you can friend each other and then if you post something you can make it only available to friends so that WTM members would get first dibs before it can go to anyone. I think I have the same user name on there as on here.