Menu

Do A.S. Degrees transfer to universities?

My 17 yo ds and 19 yo dd will have their degrees in May.

They are both Honor Roll and ds ia also Phi Theta Kappa.

Will their degrees transfer more easily than if it were 'just' credits??

All classes were taken after they both graduated high school (not dual enrollment).

We are military and are able to use the SOCAD (I think that is the right acronymn) it would allow them to either graduate from the local CC or from Columbia College as they did attend both.

I think Columbia College is an (accredited) university so would it look/be better for them to graduate from there instead of the comm. College?

We are move to Germany so their BS degrees are going to be from University of Maryland.

Ds wants to go to medical school after that - hopefully with a good MCAT and being Phi Beta Kappa/ Magna Cum Lata will help. I wil be so devistated if he is penalized for going to Germany with us. But he is only 17 and I am not ready to have him leave home yet ...

In Texas they will transfer credits earned--but they do not recognize the AA/AS as an official 'degree'...

Don't you think that depends on which state we're talking about?

And does it matter if the university "recognizes" a degree? Isn't the only important thing whether the credits transfer or not?