Menu

NUMATS test (frustration)

I have been feeling down about DS's test. We have been hearing aboutother kids receiving invitations to the awards ceremony and we never received an acknowledgment that DS took the test. I figured the other kids must all have scored in the 30's (composite) and so DS didn't earn anything.

Well - today I finally called NUMATS to let them know how disappointed I was that they couldn't even acknowledge DS's scores for Reading and English. I mean the kid had a perfect Reading score. He at least deserved a nod from someone. (I didn't yell or even raise my voice. I was very mature and asked why DS wasn't sent any information. I am very proud of how I handled it.)

According to the NUMATS rep. they never received DS's scores from ACT. In verifying DS's registration info we discovered that it was entered incorrectly. The rep said this would have kicked out DS's scores.

I feel so sad for DS.

Did you register your ds directly with NUMATS before he took the test? If so, I would simply ask if he can submit his scores. If it is anything like JH's CTY, they can qualify for Grand through the June 12th test. CTY isn't sending out invitations until August. (I think all the programs are similar).