Menu

I had been so worried...

We basically started over with math and spelling, using PR 1 and Math Mammoth. On top of that DD has bad days and I have bad days, so some school days are very short, some weeks we only do school 3 days... and we just started back after a long spring break.

Well a friend of mine was defending her PS (I just found it funny that she had to do all of the work for any projects) by bragging on her over-achieving DD. (We did seem to be behind her earlier in the year.) She is adding and subtracting 3 digit numbers, she is spelling words like rotation and orbit, she is reading at 5-6 grade level with full comprehension and giving oral reports!

Guess what? My sporadically homeschooled kid does all of that too!:party:I am not worried anymore!

Edited by Lovedtodeath

Yes, I know. They can catch up later on. This person is always bragging though, and DH threatens PS if he thinks we are behind. We do have more problems if I try to speed us through things, playing catch up.

I am sorry if my post came across badly to others who are working through understanding things and remediating. DUH!

Yeah... we were "behind" for part of the year while we were trying to understand place value and spelling rules and the PS concentrates on output.

That's exactly it...output. I remember a friend was freaking out b/c her daughter, in ps, was "behind" in K!?!?! Honestly, how far could a child get behind in K...crazy! By the end of her K year, she was on target and doing fine. I have to say, home schoolers can be competitive, but the rat race of ps is not welcomed here!

Glad you're feeling better, Carmen! I know it's been a pressing matter for you.