Menu

multi-blah-cation ... Any really neat books?

ChrissySC

Is there anything similar to LoF for multiplication? It seems to me I read something somewhere, but I have no idea what it was. I remember there was some related English within that series (I think) ... maybe something about an island level. Does this help?

Yes, you can laugh now! I'm going to find that island.:lol:

Remember that post "going crazy"? I found crazy. Need directions?

Perhaps you were thinking of Noble Knights of Knowledge I've heard it referenced in threads about similar items to the format of Grammar Island (which is strictly grammar) and LoF.

I have not used it, so I can't vouch for it; however, I have used Times Tales with great success. I was about ready to pull my hair out when I decided to try it, and we've been very satisfied with the results.

We also just recently purchased The Adventures of Penrose the Mathematical Cat (and More Adventures...). I haven't started using them yet, but they may be of some interest as well.

Edited by Dawn E
added one more idea

Big Brainz has a multiplication drill online game called Timez Attack. It does drill up to x12. It's set up like a computer game where your character "battles" ogre-type creatures by solving multiplication problems. Don't know what your girls will think of it, but it was a hit my ds and his friends. :D