Menu

Today I just don't want to be a mom, much less homeschool them!

There, I said it.

I am at the end of my nerves with the constant "MOM" followed by some shivel of "he touched my whatever" or "he took my whatever."

I DON'T CARE! He can take it, touch it, break it, throw it away......just LEAVE ME ALONE!

I am not even PMSing.......

I just need a "thank you Mom for giving up your career to stay home and homeschool us."

GRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

Dawn

Sounds like mom needs a time out for herself! (said in a positive way).

When my kids start that, I tell them, mom is going for a time out, no one is to disturb her, no one is to cause trouble, no one is going to scream, tantrum or whine.

Mom doesn't have to do this often, but the kids KNOW they have pushed too far and if mom doesn't get a moment, there's going to be an eruption!

Unfortunately, that would last ALL day today and we have to be 5 different places this afternoon and evening.

I do have the door shut to the computer room right now though.

Dawn

Sounds like mom needs a time out for herself! (said in a positive way).

When my kids start that, I tell them, mom is going for a time out, no one is to disturb her, no one is to cause trouble, no one is going to scream, tantrum or whine.

Mom doesn't have to do this often, but the kids KNOW they have pushed too far and if mom doesn't get a moment, there's going to be an eruption!

You are sweet. Thank you.

I am now getting them ready for the dentist. I will take my book and sit in the waiting room! :D

Dawn

:grouphug: You may have to give the thanks 10 or 20 years but it might come. It's amazing what a little appreciation will do. For what it's worth, Thank you for spending your time and effort to raise good citizens and spouses for our children. I hope that my dil and sil have moms as dedicated as you are.

This is honestly what drives me most crazy about holidays like Mother's Day; I want cooperation and consideration everyday. As I told my kids today, "Cup of fruit (they got me an Edible Arrangement for MD) - very nice. Not driving me crazy on a daily basis - even better." :glare:

This is exactly the reason I am running away to my parents' house next week. For a whole week. I need off the merry-go-round just for a few minutes. I can not. take. any. more. I would go this week, but dh said next week would be better for him to work from home if I can hold out that long. I said I've held out for 13 years, I can probably make it one more week. Not more than that, though. I have been snippy for at least a month now and can't seem to pull myself out of my funk. A lot of rather jolting (to me) events have happened over the past year or so and I'm feeling like I haven't had the time and space I've needed to make peace with them all, and they've just piled up on top of me. Right at this moment I would SO go down and sign both kids up for ps next year if I thought it wouldn't make for even worse wreckage around here (physical, mental, and emotional) than having them home produces. But OH how I need a break. And not just an evening out with the girls either, a really truly breakity break. I told my mom I need to just sit and stare at her wall for a few days without anyone calling me "Mom".

Dh says he's terrified because I've never gone off and left him alone with the kids for a whole week before. I told him I knew he was man enough to handle it.

Amy,

Have a good time.

I am ashamed to say that I did that the first weekend in May. I went to the beach with my girlfriends for 5 full days! No kids!

And I came back even more cranky to see them! Isn't that awful! It didn't recharge me at all, it just made me more resolved to not deal with it anymore!

And I am the one who shakes my head at these women who send their kids to school, afterschool, and then freak out that they might have to "put up" with their kids for a long weekend. I am quite the hypocrite today aren't I?

Dawn

:grouphug:

I think the craziest one I ever heard was "Mom, he's looking out my window!", (in the car).

Enjoy your book. :)

:lol: We had one like that when my 4yo was 2. We were on vacation in Lake Tahoe and were taking a leisurely drive around the lake while the 2 yo was yelling at his sister, "That is MY Lake! You MAY NOT look at it!"

This is the same child who came yelling Saturday night, "MOM!!! Jordan will not print me a picture of a gallbladder!" (my husband had his gallbladder removed earlier that day)

Amy,

Have a good time.

I am ashamed to say that I did that the first weekend in May. I went to the beach with my girlfriends for 5 full days! No kids!

And I came back even more cranky to see them! Isn't that awful! It didn't recharge me at all, it just made me more resolved to not deal with it anymore!

And I am the one who shakes my head at these women who send their kids to school, afterschool, and then freak out that they might have to "put up" with their kids for a long weekend. I am quite the hypocrite today aren't I?

Dawn

Yeah...I'm a little afraid that might happen here too. I go to a women's retreat every September with church friends. It's just overnight. It is oodles of giggly fun, and I thoroughly enjoy it, but it doesn't recharge me either. When I called Mom yesterday to tell her happy Mother's Day, she said she'd thought of all sorts of fun things we could do while I was there. I told her I loved her and another time I would love to do some of those things, but THIS time I really, truly need time to just be still, and be by myself. Replacing one kind of busy-ness with another isn't going to do it for me. And I can't afford a hotel so I am going to hide out in her basement for a week. I don't know if it will help or not. Honestly, I didn't mention it as a suggestion for something you could do, I mostly meant to say I don't have any answers either, as I am in the same dang boat. (And I think it's got a leak.) So I am running away. Probably it's not a solution, but the anticipation of it is helping me through the days this week. I don't know what will help me through the days after I get back. I will be doing some serious praying while I'm there. Maybe God will give me a helpful nudge. If not...well, I guess I'll just keep putting one foot in front of the other until another life "season" rolls around and I can figure out what to do next.

Thank you for spending your time and effort to raise good citizens and spouses for our children. I hope that my dil and sil have moms as dedicated as you are.

:iagree:

Mine don't bicker yet. But they will, and I can still remember bickering with my sister. We were horrid children:lol:.

Have you read "Siblings Without Rivalry"? I've heard good things about it from other parents.

Hang in there, mama.

No, I haven't.

Can someone give me a summary? Or I can check Amazon.

I am sure it will require effort on my part.....do I have any effort left to care enough to give it? :ack2:

Dawn

:iagree:

Mine don't bicker yet. But they will, and I can still remember bickering with my sister. We were horrid children:lol:.

Have you read "Siblings Without Rivalry"? I've heard good things about it from other parents.

Hang in there, mama.