Menu

Where do you keep stuffed animals?

Other then the trash! Ha ha. No seriously, I have 2 kids in a bedroom together with too many toys (again) and a serious overload of stuffed animals.

Any ideas for the ones we keep? I really want them off the floor. Their room looks really crowded and messy.

Thanks,

Christy

We routinely go through the animals (dh and I, never with the children) and weed out the lesser used or liked stuffed animals, but remarkably all those little fellas are fairly well loved. We finally started boxing them and allowing a certain number out per child. We allow them to switch them out whenever they want but they can never up the allowable number. I know, I know, I'm a big meany but I have a daughter who would fill her entire bed with animals.

Every now and then I'll dump the whole kit and kaboodle out on the floor and let them have a few hours of free for all. Then they go back in the bins and into the utility room.

Jo

haha You read my mind on that one.

"The trash!"

Sorry, I'm of no help, we have VERY few here.

I remember growing up I had one of those toy hammocks at one time and a plastic chain with clips at another time.

Other than that, all I can say is...purge often. :p

I put a moritorium on stuffed animals. No buying stuffed animals at garage sales!!!!!! If they want a new one they have to get rid of one that is equal to or bigger in size than the one they get. :-) The ones they do have sit on the top of their dressers.

I've noticed that we get a lot more stuffed animals with girls than with the boys!!! Meg already has SOOOO many, I'm overwhelmed!

I went through hers recently and pared it down to her favorites. They fit nicely into a nice "hamper" that matches her room. The others I put up. I figured if she asked for them, I could get them back down. If not, they were going to be given away. She remembered about one of them and it's now back out, but the rest are going away!!!

We have a Pet Net in each child's room. It is essentially a triangular net that fits in the corner with screw hooks and they can put them there. they are out of the way but still accessible. I had one as a child and just found them again recently at organize dot com.

Good luck....I am pretty sure stuffed animals increase exponentially like rabbits......

Alison

:glare: Btwn. my dd11 and dd2 we have way.too.many. I bought one of those pet nets but never got around to putting it up (neither did dh although I "reminded" him for weeks :glare:). Every month of so I ask dd11 to choose only her 7-10 favorites and the rest must go. Yeah, right. It's like asking her to cut off one of her limbs! :D I did put a stop to buying the blasted things. Oh, and Allison is right...the do multiply...with help from grandparents, aunts, well-meaning "friends', etc.!

My son with special needs has several dozen stuffed pets. He loves them and talks to them all of the time! He prefers them to other toys because in his words, "they don't break, and I don't have to put them together!". Sounds good, buddy!

Anyway, I did some research this weekend and bought this:

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/html/11579_stuffed-animal-storage-tree.htm

It will be at the end of his bunkbed. His "friends" will live there while he's at school, instead of resting on couches, beds etc. I think he will be able to get them on and off himself. We are both excited to set it up.