Menu

Life of Fred through HS

Just wondering if anyone has used LOF through HS as a stand alone, and how it worked out?

And if you used it with another program - which one and how long did it take?

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I don't think it's been around long enough for anyone to have used it all the way through. :)

I used LoF Algebra II but we also used Foerster's (as our main text). LoF did cover all the same things but some were presented differently.

I couldn't say how it would work as a primary text because that's not how we used it. The Home Companion didn't exist yet and we didn't even try his calculus.

I just looked at his sight and wish we had a another year. I didn't even know he had a statistics and linear algebra now!

Just wondering if anyone has used LOF through HS as a stand alone, and how it worked out?

And if you used it with another program - which one and how long did it take?

Thanks for sharing your experience!

We're planning to use it more or less as a stand-alone. My husband, who is very well versed in math, thinks that it is meaty enough.

We are using Alg I right now. Saxon was lost in the fire and my ds was thrilled! He is loving LoF and my dh (who has a math minor) thinks it's just fine. I was talking with ds about math when this is done, should we look at Jacobs or Singapore? and he wants to stick with LoF- he said he feels like math is finely making sense again (he was a whiz at eled math and got very discouraged with Saxon).

We are using it as a stand alone so far and are thrilled. We're through Geometry at this point. Because it takes such a non-traditional approach we had concerns as well. We alleviated those by giving traditional final exams from other texts which our student passed with flying colors.