Menu

What's the best *cheap* toilet paper that you've found?

Costco brand.

But seriously, if you want to save on paper, get a bidet. Then you are only using paper (or cloth) to dry off.

I read somewhere that the water used with a bidet is less than the water used to manufacture toilet paper. So it actually is more environmentally friendly than it might seem at first.

Check out Amazon... Lots of affordable bidets. :)

I think we are getting ignored about the cloth stuff.

I too like it.

It's ok to be ignored, I just wanted to put another VERY CHEAP option out there.

Cloth people-not ignored at all! I am seriously considering this for #1 for dd and I, thank you! :)

Try it! You will love it. First just get some cheap flannel and sew it into squares. If you end up not liking it, throw it away and you are out about as much money as if you had used TP

I don't get it. Why is cloth tp gross? Especially when it's used only for #1? I don't think I could go so far as to use it for #2. But, it sounds nice and soft!

And, when your child pees his pants, do you separate that laundry to do by itself? Or do you do it all with the other clothes? What's the difference between that and washing the wipes used for #1?

I'm considering it too. But, then again, I used cloth diapers for my kids, so maybe I'm not easily grossed out by this stuff.

Yep, I would wash my kids peed pants or poopy pants (after rinsing) in the same wash as my other stuff. I am certainly not going to throw wet or messy pants in the garbage everytime. We cloth diaper too but rinse out the poopy ones in the toilet using a sprayer hooked up to the toilet, then wash the whole load. Works for us.....a

Phone book pages! :)

This one just made me laugh!

For the people that are totally grossed out by it, that is OK. For the ones that aren't grossed out, give it a try. It makes wiping nicer and when you go to a place that has scratchy 2bit TP, you will really LOVE your cloth when you get home!:D

Edited by misidawnrn
added

It's ok to be ignored, I just wanted to put another VERY CHEAP option out there

I think you misunderstood me, I had already suggested the cloth tp earlier.

For the people that are totally grossed out by it, that is OK. For the ones that aren't grossed out, give it a try. It makes wiping nicer and when you go to a place that has scratchy 2bit TP, you will really LOVE your cloth when you get home!:D

I so agree with this. I hate going some where else or even using tp here at home when the cloth ones are in the wash.