Menu

Probably a dumb question but if you have an IPod touch is an e-reader redundant?

Am I wasting my money if I buy a Kindle when I already have an I-Pod touch?

I think so, but then I've never read an entire book on a full-sized reader. Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing. ;)

Honestly, I am so happy with everything about reading on my iPod Touch that I'm not even tempted to buy another reader.

I would say it is too small to be considered a replacement. I would also say the iPad could be considered a replacement, with the only "drawback" being that the iPad has a backlit screen instead of eInk. The main drawback to the iPad IMO is that Apple is withholding Flash support. I may still get one because of the amazing applications available.

I think it would depend on if you like reading on the touch. Have you tried it? Maybe try it for a week or 2 and see if you like it. I can't imagine reading on my phone for any length of time and I don't have a touch. I think it would depend on whether you are bothered by the small, back-lit screen for reading. I love my kindle.

I like reading on my ITouch. It is smaller but that doesn't bother me (I like holding it in one hand while eating/drinking/whatever with the other). I like the fact that it has a light - none of the e-readers do. I often read waiting in the car for my oldest to come out of dance at night. I don't like having to keep the car light on (or haul an extra book light) so I like the fact that the ITouch has its own light. I am a very fast reader and I find the screen/scrolling on the ITouch very easy to use and non-distracting.

If you are happy with your ITouch - I wouldn't bother buying an e-reader. I received one for Christmas and I returned it because I liked the ITouch much better. Some people like the more "book page" look to the e-readers but I don't care either way.