Menu

Math-U-See: Update TM and DVDs? Worth it?

MommyX8

Is it worth it to buy updated MUS versions if you already own the last editions?  

1. 1. Is it worth it to buy updated MUS versions if you already own the last editions?

• Yes
    • Don't bother

I haven't bought any new TMs and DVDs, except when buying a new level we didn't already own. When I bought a new version of Alpha I just bought the student books -- of course, as you say, you don't really need the TM or DVD much for Alpha at all.

My daughter is loving the new fun extra exercises in Alpha though. The days we do those are her favorites and I think my older kids would have loved those as well.

The student books are much nicer, IMO. I went ahead and purchased the new TM's as well, since I'll have several more children using the program and I wanted them to hold up to the repeated use. I just didn't think the comb-binding would do that.

Also, I *think* I remember something about giving the solutions to all the problems in the upper grades instead of just a few as well.

Edited by LoveBaby

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

I'm only replacing the teacher's manuals for the upper grades (Pre-Algebra and up) because that is where they have expanded the solutions to the problems. I prefer the comb bound student books (yes, I'm insane;)) so I won't be buying the new student books unless I can't find the comb bound. MUS is also refilming the upper level DVD's. The content is pretty much the same but they will have captions (my 2004 don't have captions). I purchased the entire Algebra 1 set because of the renumbering of the lessons and reworking of a few of the lessons. It was a pip to see Steve wearing a shirt that wasn't blue and completely bald. They didn't notice the hair much but were like, "Where is his BLUE shirt?!":lol:

Guest ToGMom
I'm only replacing the teacher's manuals for the upper grades (Pre-Algebra and up) because that is where they have expanded the solutions to the problems. I prefer the comb bound student books (yes, I'm insane;)) so I won't be buying the new student books unless I can't find the comb bound. MUS is also refilming the upper level DVD's. The content is pretty much the same but they will have captions (my 2004 don't have captions). I purchased the entire Algebra 1 set because of the renumbering of the lessons and reworking of a few of the lessons.

I totally agree... :)