Menu

Need recommendations for history TC lectures

Hi all,

My two girls are doing western civ next year. My yonger likes to read a textbook so I got her Speilvogel. My older really remembers things much better with audio. NOw from my previous round of homeschooling, I have Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, HIgh Medieval Ages, and a course on Reformation and CHristianity or something like that. I also have History of the Byzantium so I think I am very good to go with ANcient and Medieval TC courses for her. NOw I need to figure out something for after the reformation. She has done US HIstory for two years so we can skip all references to US. Any suggestions?

I'm not much help, but we just bought TC Foundations of Western Civ II (History of the Modern Western World) I plan to use this as a supplement to Omnibus III & Spielvogel... I just rec'd it so we haven't even viewed the DVDs, but it got very good reviews online... HTHs Good luck!

Christina,

I just got an email today from TC, may products are on sale 70% off till midnight Thursday 4/22. I'm sure this sale occurs frequently, but incase you were thinking of purchasing. Look for shipping coupons online. When I bought recently, I was able to get 99 cent shipping (saved me $30)

HTHs

I don't think she needs a British history since she did a lot of that while we lived in Belgium and viewed the complete A History of Britain with Simon Schama too. I will look into Foundations of Western Civ.

Despite what you say about your dd having had lots of British History, I'd still recommend the Tudors and Stuarts set. This is much more that British History:

It covers the time just before the colonization of North America -- so it is foundational to understanding American history.

It covers the transition from an absolute monarchy to a constitutional monarchy ruling by the will and consent of parliament -- so it is foundational to understanding the modern nation state.

It also covers the beginnings of modern economic understanding.

just my 2 cents

~Moira