Menu

Real Science for Kids Pre-Level I (Grades K-3)

Does anyone have any input about Real Science for Kids by Gravitas Publications? They "look" like a good fit for us, but I am hoping someone has had experience with them. I pulled up the Flash sample pages and went through them with DD. She seemed excited and wanted me to to get Pre-Level I Physics Student Text (hardcover).

Has anyone used this? How was it in application?

We used PreLevel 1 Chemistry a few years ago and loved it. My oldest was 6 or 7. We all enjoyed it and they learned some things. We're slowly working through Level 1 now (we'll eventually get through all 3 books), and are enjoying it as well.

I think it's a great program.

Thanks! I will have a 1st grader and a 4 yr old. How do you think it is for the younger levels- I'm more concerned about the 1st grader!

I think they are perfect for first grade. And your 4 year old will probably enjoy the experiments as well :001_smile:.

this curriculum was on the HATE list over on that other thread.

maybe ask that person directly why they hated it?

and not just to find out to not buy it--

sometimes the reason a person hates a curr choice is something i love!

I'll finish going through that thread and find it. I have been watching that thread too :) And you are correct, sometimes one persons hate is another person's like.

does anyone know if shes coming out with an earth and sky book so there'll be 4 yrs for each "stage" ?

I saw somewhere (either the author's blog or the RS4K web page) that the earth science book was set to be released this fall. I am planning to use the level 1 books for my 2 this coming school year. All the levels looked great. I cannot wait until level 1 arrives.

Can someone link me to Pre levels? I am slow today, but only see level one.

Don’t feel bad, between lack of sleep, headaches, stress, and an almost-three year old whirlwind running in and out of the room and jumping on me when I’m on the computer—I am not doing so well myself. :thumbdown:

I also hate taking aspirin, so I suffer intstead. :001_huh:

I saw somewhere (either the author's blog or the RS4K web page) that the earth science book was set to be released this fall. I am planning to use the level 1 books for my 2 this coming school year. All the levels looked great. I cannot wait until level 1 arrives.

That sounds great!

Wendilouwho, love your siggy, stuff, yup, that sums it up nicely. :lol: