Menu

Does anyone use MCT writing without the grammar?

Is it possible to use Paragraph Town without Grammar Town? I didn't buy Grammar Town because I'm not planning on dumping R&S. Traditional diagramming is a non-negotiable for us, so it stays. I have the entire Town level minus Grammar Town, but I'm starting to second guess that decision. My dd likes the MCT materials so much, I don't think she'd complain if she did the grammar from MCT in addition to R&S. She actually squealed with delight when I told her she could read another chapter in Paragraph Town yesterday...

But, I'm not made of money here so I don't want to buy TWO grammar programs if I can avoid it. I already have multiple writing programs. I'm running out of shelf space...

Is it possible to use Paragraph Town without Grammar Town? I didn't buy Grammar Town because I'm not planning on dumping R&S. Traditional diagramming is a non-negotiable for us, so it stays. I have the entire Town level minus Grammar Town, but I'm starting to second guess that decision. My dd likes the MCT materials so much, I don't think she'd complain if she did the grammar from MCT in addition to R&S. She actually squealed with delight when I told her she could read another chapter in Paragraph Town yesterday...

But, I'm not made of money here so I don't want to buy TWO grammar programs if I can avoid it. I already have multiple writing programs. I'm running out of shelf space...

I guess you could skip Grammar Town if you are using another grammar program. And Paragraph Town does review grammar. But if your daughter is enjoying Paragraph Town a lot, I think she would absolutely enjoy Grammar Town. :D

Oh, I'm glad you asked this. It's the burning question I've had for a long time but didn't actually want to admit I was thinking such a thing. :lol::lol:

:iagree: I have been wondering about this as well. I think we may use both R&S and MCT.

Jan

Perhaps you've answered your own question! :) She's already getting solid grammar with R & S so it's not like you NEED Grammar Town, but it sounds like your dd would ENJOY GT if you want to fork out the $$.

I feel the same way about giving up traditional diagramming. We use CLE so my dd has learned diagramming and I'd like her to retain that skill but I'm intrigued by MCT so I'm thinking of doing it along with CLE. I copied out a GT sentence from their online sample and dd diagrammed it easily. If you want to add GT, you could switch it up by having her analyze some of the sentences the "MCT way" and then diagram others. That's what I plan to do until I decide to stick with one and let the other go or keep both methods.

Edited by Marla