Menu

Singapore's secret: they put "baby nip" on their elementary math books.

Reya

DS began hauling out the Singapore Math books for me to read at age 2 after finding them on the shelf. Now DD at 18 mo is doing the same thing.

To understand how remarkable it is, you have to first realize the sheer QUANTITY of books in our house. DS has 57 linear feet of books in his bedroom alone. And out of all that, they both head for the Singapore MAth.

It has to be an application of "baby nip" on the spines. It's the only thing to explain it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ds, who HATED Saxon last year, finished SM1A-2B already this year and asked if we could go ahead and order 3A-B so he could get started on them. He is not a particularly mathy child, but he loves Singapore. It must be the 'baby nip'.

My DD also started diving into SM as soon as I got the books for next year-even though she's still in full-day K. I figured it was the cute pictures (since she's a visual kid who has explained that she "thinks in pictures") but I'm willing to buy into the "baby nip" theory!

• 2 weeks later...