Menu

homeschool name?

MeganW

GIFTS for Girls Academy

GIFTS standing for Grace, Integrity, Faith, Truth, and Strength. I have two dds so that covers the Girls part.:001_smile: We were thinking along the lines of an education that was a gift to themselves as well as to others.

The Dragon Academy (if my name didn't already give it away)

How did it come about?

I let an 11yo boy who is enamored with all things dragon choose the name.

He selected burgundy, black and silver as school colors and he drew a neat little mascot type symbol thingy - a dragon wearing a mortar board and holding a quill and a book.

We don't register school names in my state so it is all for fun.

Tennyson Hall

I love the name Tennyson and wasn't able to convince my husband to use it for one of our kids. We are a "Hall" rather than an Academy or School. I've yet to see another homeschool that is also a hall.

Naming in NC is mostly a one-shot deal. Can't keep changing it so I had to use something that would look good on the high school transcript...

Name? I need a name? Oh I'm still worried about curriculum now I need a name!QUOTE]

LOL sorry, I read this and literally started LOL. My kids looked at me like I am strange:huh:... hmmmmm

You don't need a name in this sate. I've never come up with anything other than Lastname Academy, which my dc think is boring. They'd probably call it something like School Drools or something along that vein.