Menu

Guinea pig babies are here!!

Our surprise pregnant guinea pig gave birth to five beautiful babies last night (one was stillborn). We are overjoyed that she is healthy, as I had deep concerns that she was too old and would have complications.

I'm trying to attach pictures but I don't know if it will work.

By the way, daddy piggy is getting neutered next week (Hornblower, that was for you :D)

Blessings,

Lisa

post-1162-13535083425626_thumb.jpg

post-1162-13535083425626_thumb.jpg

THEY'RE SO CUTE!!!!! (yes, I'm shouting!!!:D)

I had babies guinea pigs a few times in the past. They are completely adorable. Yours are such pretty colors! I want to snuggle one!!

Lol, I know!! I just love them. One is an albino (I think we're keeping her:D. The rest look like mama.

I'm snuggling one right now . . .

S/O

What is it like owning guinea pigs?

We LOVE our piggies. I was never a small animal person. I've had hamsters and rabbits before. But guinea pigs are WONDERFUL. They are sweet, sweet, sweet, NEVER bite, funny and entertaining. Ours are always making us laugh. I just love them so much and my kids adore them.

They squeak loud when they're happy or trying to get your attention (lol, picture me tip-toeing to the coffee maker in the morning past their cage), but are very easy to care for. Definitely the best little pets I've found.

Lisa

There's nothing cuter than baby piggies. :-)

Your white piggy might not be albino.

And piggies become s*xually mature much sooner than you might imagine. You'll want to watch those babies. Really.[/quote

I know! They sure don't waste any time, do they? We already have the male separated until he's neutered.

Blessings,

Lisa