Menu

vacuum for hardwood floors?

:lurk5:

I am looking for the same thing! My current Bissel is *horrible* on hard floors. It shoots dirt back at our feet! A friend of mine recommended the Swiffer Wet Jet, and another loves her Rainbow. I haven't done extensive research yet :)

I love, love, love my Miele on our hardwood floors. We have hardwood everywhere, and I insisted to dh that we had to get a GOOD vacuum to handle it. The other option that's much cheaper and does very close to the same is a small shop vac. It doesn't have a HEPA filter and you have to use an extension cord, but the price is right! You do have to get the floor attachment (about 6 dollars) to make it work really well on hardwood, but once you do that it does a really nice job. You can get bags for them now, so its simple to empty them too.

Any cannister vac should be fine. I have an Electrolux.

I usually dust mop with a microfiber mop daily, and use the vac when I want to also clean baseboards, window sills, furniture, etc.

To *clean* the floor, I have a Shark steam mop, and I also use Boma cleaner with a microfiber mop. Boma is great.

I love, love, love my Miele on our hardwood floors. We have hardwood everywhere, and I insisted to dh that we had to get a GOOD vacuum to handle it. The other option that's much cheaper and does very close to the same is a small shop vac. It doesn't have a HEPA filter and you have to use an extension cord, but the price is right! You do have to get the floor attachment (about 6 dollars) to make it work really well on hardwood, but once you do that it does a really nice job. You can get bags for them now, so its simple to empty them too.

I second this! My installer's wife raved about them and I listened. So glad I did!

I love, love, love my Miele on our hardwood floors. We have hardwood everywhere, and I insisted to dh that we had to get a GOOD vacuum to handle it. .
We bought our Miele when we lived in a house with hardwoods and a Lab. Best money we ever spent. It's great on carpet, too.

We vacuum our hardwood floors (120 YRS OLD) with a regular upright vacuum, with the hepa filters and dirt cup. I do swiffer it to get into the corners really well. I do mop my floors, yes, MOP. You can get hardwoods wet, just not soaking wet, so I damp mop with a squirt of dish liquid in the water and if there are greasy spots I add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to the mop water.

HTH,

Kim