Menu

What's the best way to make a helmet less stinky?

:iagree:Sun is an amazing deodorizer.

However, if it's that bad. . . I'd run to Target and buy a new one. Head Stinkiness on DH is not sth I could stand. . . DC maybe, but not DH! I'd find the $$ to replace the helmet. (And, then implement the anti-stink sun / baking soda /etc methods on the new one to prevent a recurrence.)

I like both ideas and would recommend that you set it outside and upside down on sunny afternoons in between cleanings.

We only buy Scorpion motorcycle helmets because you can remove the liners and wash them in the washing machine.

I didn't read the wiki, but how old is his helmet? The first time a helmet is dropped, it is dead and needs replacing. If his helmet has been dropped, it doesn't matter what it smells like - it's time for replacement. I would recommend a site called NewEnough. They do overstocks in motorcycle gear and have incredible deals. We get all of our stuff there.

a

It's a helmet like a motorcycle helmet. It completely covers his head.

Ahhh, my first thought was hockey helmet. Man, those things stink. Airing them out helps. On a sunny day, they sometimes get a bath in the tub and turned outside to dry. Actually, the best tip I heard on hockey helmets was to run them through the dishwasher with the heat cycle turned off. I don't have a dishwasher to try it, sadly.