Menu

MCT - are the teacher's manuals enough?

Cammie

Hive,

MCT offers two packages - one contains a student book and a teacher manual for each part of the program and the other contains only the teacher's manuals for everything and the student book only for the practice town.

Can someone who has seen and used this curriculum tell me - if I only have the teacher's manuals and not the separate student book is it effective? Getting books to me over here is a bit tricky and if I don't really NEED all of the student books I would rather skip them.

TIA!

I would say you only need the TMs NOT both (TMs and student books) - except, of course, as you mentioned, for the Practice Book - the student and TM are necessary for that item.

In fact, a few months ago, I sold the duplicate copies that I had since I had purchased a book for each twin and for me -- totally not necessary. Now dd9 and I share the TM and ds9 has his own book.

Save yourself the $$$ and enjoy the curric.:D

I would say you only need the TMs NOT both (TMs and student books) - except, of course, as you mentioned, for the Practice Book - the student and TM are necessary for that item.

In fact, a few months ago, I sold the duplicate copies that I had since I had purchased a book for each twin and for me -- totally not necessary. Now dd9 and I share the TM and ds9 has his own book.

Save yourself the $$$ and enjoy the curric.:D

Thanks!!! That is exactly what I needed to know. It is a cost savings of about $65 plus less for me to ask someone to bring in their suitcases!

I agree for the most part except when I got my Voyage level stuff for next year, I noticed that there were an awful lot of answers pre-bolded or pre-filled in Essay Voyage (so I couldn't easily copy the page for her or anything), though not the others. I did go back and order the student book just for Essay Voyage & I'm glad I did. We haven't needed to for any of Island or Town besides the Practice books, though.

I use the Magic Lens, Word within the Word, 4practice, Poetry and Humanity and a few toehr RFWP books. I bought student books and TMs for everything.

At this level they are essential. Not just because of the difference in information in each book but because a 13 year old boy does not want to cuddle next to his mom on the couch.

There, it has been said.

Edited by The Dragon Academy

True for the higher levels, you need both TM and student books. I've glanced at the higher levels, and the TM was just quizzes and such...there was no content. All the content is in the student book. For the lower levels, Island and Town, the student books are not necessary and yes, I"d save the $65 for my next RFWP order. Patchfire mentioned that for Essay Voyage however, it would be simpler to have the student book for that one since there are more exercises with the answers printed on them. You could however re-type them I suppose.

LOL Dragon about the 13yr old. I'll get back to you when my DSalmost7 is 13. That kid requires so much physical contact with me (and mainly me), I find it difficult to believe he won't want to cuddle w/ me when he's 13. Now my oldest son (9yrs old) yep, I can believe it. WHile he appears to tolerate my occasional kiss, he did say he likes it when I kiss him on the forehead. WHo new?

Not just because of the difference in information in each book but because a 13 year old boy does not want to cuddle next to his mom on the couch.

There, it has been said.

Sometimes they grow back into it again. Once DS got taller than me, he rediscovered snuggling up on the couch together, especially if watching QI or Numbers together.:D

Back Up! pd1514535.jpg Dragon Academy and I are already sharing the Hummer........don't tell me we have to share MCT too!400_F_13030738_BTo0VCEVvcHLwD0JUWj1ZZSnsBck9VzA.jpg

Ok ladies, I am sure there is enough MCT to go around! (Don't you think he would love this thread if he knew about it. Maybe his wife wouldn't find it too funnythough!)

Um, MariannNova, you don't have a 13yo DS at the moment. I know RFWP does not have a math curric. at the moment but there are some books for improving memory. Would you like the link?

:lol::lol::lol: Well, ummmmmmmmmm, actually, I am sitting here with BRAIN MUSCLE BUILDERS - all four in the series AND the GAME PIECES -- guess I should pick it up and start reading it! :lol::lol:

I'm pretty sure I don't have a ds13 -- last time I looked I didn't have one -- but I MEANT sitting with my own kids -- however the heck old they are!:001_huh::leaving:now to go read Brain Muscle something something something (muttering)