Menu

Laptop Lunches

I have two of these for my daughters and we use them for all outings, park days, etc. It's so nice to pack it all up with everything separate, nothing gets smushed, etc. and I'm not using 100s of ziploc bags. And somehow food in little containers seems more appealing to kids - my kids will eat stuff from their boxes they never would off a plate! It's almost enough to want to pack lunches everyday for school! (OK, not really. :)

I love this site www.laptoplunches.com . I want to order 6 of them and serve all our meals in cute little cups. It makes everything look so fun, healthy and yummy. I can't afford it but I really like window shopping there.

LOL! The link doesn't direct to the page you meant to share, but it sure is funny.

You 404’d it. Gnarly, dude.

Surfin’ ain’t easy, and right now, you’re lost at sea. But don’t worry; simply pick an option from the list below, and you’ll be back out riding the waves of the Internet in no time.

-Hit the “back†button on your browser. It’s perfect for situations like this!

-Head on over to the home page.

-Punt.

If you live where there are some large Asian markets, you kind find these type of things that are very inexpensive. I have two of the ones that are pictured that I paid all of $2.99 for both of them. They have served us well for many outings in the past couple of years.

I have found something similar at my local Kroger (of all places).

Here is is at amazon. The sandwich area is a little snug though. I like the laptoplunches better, but the Fit & Fresh containers are cheaper.

I need to buy another set soon though. When we went away for the weekend, my ice packs got left behind. I can't seem to find ice packs separate--and just any old ice packs won't fit.

I have found something similar at my local Kroger (of all places).

Here is is at amazon. The sandwich area is a little snug though. I like the laptoplunches better, but the Fit & Fresh containers are cheaper.

I need to buy another set soon though. When we went away for the weekend, my ice packs got left behind. I can't seem to find ice packs separate--and just any old ice packs won't fit.

Thanks for reminding me that I have some of those containers. Not as cute as the Laptop Lunches though.

• 1 year later...

I got mine mix and match through a coop. They were much less. Even then it was a slurge.

I agree they can be a pain to clean and they don't lock very well so you have to make sure they are horizontal or in a sleeve. Our silverware broke from very little use. I have lost a few of my lids for the small containers but press n seal works great.

I used them this past summer when we were all at cub camp. It was fun and made dinner/supper fun for the boys.

Check out the vegan lunch box blog for fun pictures and ideas.

Off to look at other suggestions.

Ziploc makes a cheapo version of these, too. They're not nearly as appealing and have only three compartments, but they seal up tightly (tight enough for non-liquids, anyway) and I can run them through the dishwasher. I've been using them for my 5yo's packed school lunches since August and have been very happy with them. I suspect if I'd invested in one of the nicer brands she'd have lost some pieces immediately, but since these are cheap and easy to replace, of course they never get lost!