Menu

s/o from "I had a good cry"

I'll join you - no tears have been shed over my older dc. I have greatly enjoyed having older kids in the house and am continuing to look forward to following them through their adventures as they leave home and begin lives on their own. We haven't had many conflicts (yet - my most emotional child is just now turned 13 - my challenge may be yet to come).

I'm in a bit of a different situation than many though - I'm still also in the infant and toddler stage and all the other stages at the same time. Maybe I just don't have time to shed those tears?

Guest Katia

No tears here. I was happy for my oldest ds when he went off to college. He was happy; so I was happy. Same with next dc. No problems.

Now my baby is graduating and while I am enjoying this last year of my homeschooling career and sometimes lament that it all goes by too quickly, there are still no tears. She is ready to fly and I'm ready to let her.

I'm in the no-tears camp. I had friends who cried when the last baby quit nursing--I was happy to have them eating on their own. To me it's another step in the process that started on the day they were born. Each age has its blessings & its challenges so I try to just keep my eyes forward and enjoy the ride. :D

Here, too. I could have written that one myself! Not only do I not cry, there are times I count the years 'til they can be on their own.

I don't cry over lost childhood, but there have been a few moments with my younger two when I wanted them to slow down and grow up more slowly, because while they are more challenging than average, they are much easier than my eldest in many respects.

My only tears have been tears of overwhelmed joy as I watch all my work for the last 18, nearly 19 years begin to bear fruit and as I watch my daughter begin to see doors open for her to realize her dreams and ALSO see fruit of HER hard work.

These are exciting times to me. Now, I am sure that when I pull away from the dorm and head home next August, tears will fall....but I'll be happy!

I am not raising my children to stay at home. :)

(And, I missed the OP that this thread is a S/O off...so nothing I've said is directed to that :) )

I have not cried about my older son getting older. The baby...perhaps a time or two (I am not a crier by nature). There is just something about that last little one growing up. I guess with the first one, I knew there was another one coming along. The second is the last and that is very...final. I do, however, also look forward to parenting two young men and finally two grown men. I look forward to the future as much as I sometimes miss the past. I don't cry as much as I just get nostalgic.

No tears here!

I love having reasonable, rational, logical conversations with a young adult, you know, most of the time.;)

Here's a confession, and I may go to Mommy H*ll for saying so, but I did not enjoy the baby years. They were lots of hard work with little reward and even less sleep. That's why I stopped at one and never ever EVER looked back.

Every year my son gets a year older, I get a year happier. I'm sure it'll break my heart when he actually leaves home for good, but I really love watching him grow up into the man he'll become one day. :001_smile: