Menu

Non-traditional math approach - Noble Knights of Knowledge

momto2Cs

I'll have a 2nd grader and 4th grader next year and am thinking of taking a year off from the traditional math approach, so instead I am considering this...

Noble Knights of Knowledge

Supplementary worksheets from Math Mammoth (blue series)

Reading aloud books like the Sir Cumference series and the Penrose the Mathematical Cat series, plus others

Would that be enough, or do I need a regular math program?

I have not used Noble Knights math, but I think it would be perfectly fine to use with MM. Why not? It sounds like fun. I am appalled at how much ground my advanced in math ds has lost due to “workbook curriculumâ€. Some of it is my fault for not taking enough time to supplement heavily. CSMP has been fun and enriching..but recently, we fizzled out. We haven’t played enough games...I’d like a better math plan for next year as well.

I also want more of me to spread around...:tongue_smilie:If I had two kids, I might unschool. You know,the real unshooling- actually working to have my children experience educational success.

What would you need the regular maths program for? If you can't think of anything, the answer is probably no! Focusing on the four basic operations for the year sounds like a worthy goal and it doesn't matter how you go about achieving it.

:)

Rosie

Edited by Rosie_0801

You have GOT to get a blog!

I have not used Noble Knights math, but I think it would be perfectly fine to use with MM. Why not? It sounds like fun. I am appalled at how much ground my advanced in math ds has lost due to “workbook curriculumâ€. Some of it is my fault for not taking enough time to supplement heavily. CSMP has been fun and enriching..but recently, we fizzled out. We haven’t played enough games...I’d like a better math plan for next year as well.

I also want more of me to spread around...:tongue_smilie:If I had two kids, I might unschool. You know,the real unshooling- actually working to have my children experience educational success.

You may want to check with the company before you order NKoK, since I read somewhere fairly recently that they were not taking orders due to technical difficulties.

I agree! I had heard the same thing so I e-mailed last week to see what was up before I placed an order. I never heard from them. :glare: Now I'm trying to find the program for sale used, because I really think it would be perfect for our family.

I e-mailed last week to see what was up before I placed an order. I never heard from them. :glare:

I had the same experience ~ about 2 years ago. I emailed several times, and heard nothing. Then about 3 or 4 months later, I got a reply that didn't even answer any of my questions. So I gather this is an on-going problem with this company/person. It's a shame, because it does look like a cool program, and I think my DD would absolutely love it.

Jackie