Menu

U.S. Dept. of Education needs shotguns?

Saw this today:

http://www.federalnewsradio.com/?nid=15&sid=1910768#shotguns

Why does the Dept. of Education need shotguns? Any ideas? I'm truly baffled.

I have met someone who worked for the Dept of Education who carried a gun for her job. She had something to do with busting fraudulent trade schools....

Very weird.

Why does the Dept. of Education need shotguns? Any ideas?

#10 - In order to indicate it is time for the next class when the bells are not working

#9 - For use in hunting classes in rural areas

#8 - For use in vocational education classes for children who want to work for paramilitary companies when they graduate

#7 - Punishment

#6 - Negative reinforcement

#5 - For hunting down escaped convicts, er, students

#4 - Physics lab

#3 - Chemistry lab

#2 - For preventing students from going home to get their educations

and the number one reason the Department of Education needs shotguns is:

#1 - In order to keep fundamentalist homeschoolers from bringing creationist ideas into the classrooms

Oh, you mean they want them for the Office Inspector General, for legitimate law-enforcement purposes?

I'm sorry Kathleen, but if the star-rating system was still in place, I'd give this thread a One.

Bill

Why? Kathleen asked the same question that the person did in the link. The only difference is that the person in the link was able to go to the source and get an answer.

Thanks, Perry, for providing the link, btw.

#10 - In order to indicate it is time for the next class when the bells are not working

#9 - For use in hunting classes in rural areas

#8 - For use in vocational education classes for children who want to work for paramilitary companies when they graduate

#7 - Punishment

#6 - Negative reinforcement

#5 - For hunting down escaped convicts, er, students

#4 - Physics lab

#3 - Chemistry lab

#2 - For preventing students from going home to get their educations

and the number one reason the Department of Education needs shotguns is:

#1 - In order to keep fundamentalist homeschoolers from bringing creationist ideas into the classrooms

:lol:

Because it links to the right-wing (((echo-chamber))) spreading unwarranted fear and suspicion about the Federal Government and invites responses like Reg's.

It is politics by stealth, and that's why links like this are against the board rules. Everyone knows that there are web-sites and cable "news" outlets that do their best to foment paranoia. Why why bring it here?

Bill

Back in the day, I knew some conservatives (self-proclaimed "right-wingers") who wouldn't line their bird cages with the WashPost much less read it because they thought it was such trash.....lol

Now it's considered an "echo-chamber" for the right-wing..

Times have changed.

Back in the day' date=' I knew some conservatives (self-proclaimed "right-wingers") who wouldn't line their bird cages with the WashPost much less read it because they thought it was such trash.....lol

Now it's considered an "echo-chamber" for the right-wing..

Times have changed.[/quote']

Wrong link, my dear.

Times haven't changed that much ;) :D

Bill

Because it links to the right-wing (((echo-chamber))) spreading unwarranted fear and suspicion about the Federal Government and invites responses like Reg's.

It is politics by stealth, and that's why links like this are against the board rules. Everyone knows that there are web-sites and cable "news" outlets that do their best to foment paranoia. Why why bring it here?

Bill

Umm, really? Gosh, I thought I was just asking a question. BTW, the link I provided was from a mainstream media outlet here in the Wash. D.C. area - Federal News Radio - which keeps Federal workers up-to-date on things that may interest them since there are a whole lot of Federal workers here near the nation's capital - go figure.

It was about the Dept. of Education which seemed relevant to this board since we are home educators and some of us still keep up with what the government has to do and say concerning education. Not sure why that'd be against board rules.

Every single day there is a section on the wtop.com website that links government news through FNR which is how I came upon it. I check it mainly to see what's going on with the Post Office since my dh is a letter carrier.

WTOP is the top news radio station in the area and as far as I know they do not promote any secret agendas - they just pass along the major news stories of the day and the weather and the traffic.

Oh, and thanks, Perry, for the link. I was truly curious.

Umm, really? Gosh, I thought I was just asking a question. BTW, the link I provided was from a mainstream media outlet here in the Wash. D.C. area - Federal News Radio - which keeps Federal workers up-to-date on things that may interest them since there are a whole lot of Federal workers here near the nation's capital - go figure.

It was about the Dept. of Education which seemed relevant to this board since we are home educators and some of us still keep up with what the government has to do and say concerning education. Not sure why that'd be against board rules.

Every single day there is a section on the wtop.com website that links government news through FNR which is how I came upon it. I check it mainly to see what's going on with the Post Office since my dh is a letter carrier.

WTOP is the top news radio station in the area and as far as I know they do not promote any secret agendas - they just pass along the major news stories of the day and the weather and the traffic.

Oh, and thanks, Perry, for the link. I was truly curious.

I apologize.

Bill

Edited: As I regret the tone of my post.

Bill

A bit cranky today, Bill? If so, it seems to be going around. I was out last night, and everyone -- kids, parents, waitstaff -- was was in the midst of a terrible, horrible, no good bad day. It was a sight to behold (preferably from afar).

A bit cranky today, Bill? If so, it seems to be going around. I was out last night, and everyone -- kids, parents, waitstaff -- was was in the midst of a terrible, horrible, no good bad day. It was a sight to behold (preferably from afar).

A fair assessment I'm afraid.

I am, however, waging a self-oriented de-crankification campaign, and I'm seeing progress :D

Bill (guardedly optimistic ;) )