Menu

I feel SO nasty today!!!!

I think it's related to perimenopause, but it's NOT PMS. I just woke up tired, and I've been feeling SO NOT NICE that I sent the girls to their room for their own good. Oldest ds will be home soon and I think I'll go outside and wash the car. I just feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nasty! For no reason!

I had a great day yesterday, dh and I spent time relaxing. Then I went out to dinner with two girlfriends and laughed so hard my stomach hurt! I don't know why I woke up so ugly! I just can't wait to go to bed tonight.

Does this ever happen to anyone? Older ladies, is this normal for perimenopause? I'll be 47 in 3 months. I just don't know what is making me feel SO bad today. I wish I had the time to go for a walk!

Oooh, I wish I had no idea what you're talking about. I'm definitely not peri-meni, but since baby #4, pms has left me feeling like a shell of a woman, occupied by a ferocious beast. Having identified that it's pms, & not my dh who's grown 2 head, lol, has helped. Kind-of like being pg w/ #2, & realizing that the crazy feelings are pg, not reality--it became much easier to laugh at myself instead of threatening bodily harm. :001_huh: :lol:

But, yeah, if it's bad, I give my kids the day off for their personal emotional health. Go play & do not let me see you. Mama's in time-out. I promise to feed you. :D

Sorry you are feeling so rotten-but how great that your recognized it before doing much damage! I turned 45 in January, and have found that I have one or 2 days a month where I am pure evil (mine is directly related to pms-but it has gotten worse as I get older). I don't always see it until it's too late though:confused:. Then I have a lot of apologizing to do. I think you did exactly the right thing by sending the girls off. Maybe a walk will help?

:bigear: Maybe someone has some suggestions to help with this??

Best wishes!

I am 40, and I think I'm having some perimenopausal, non-PMS-related moods. I should have taken today off from school. I was happy and relaxed yesterday, so I should have predicted that today would not be as good. And once in a while, I am just so tired. Saturday, I went to bed at 7:30 pm!!

I don't know if anyone else has this as a perimenopausal symptom, but I have noticed that I haven't felt "happy" in a long time. Nothing is wrong, there's nothing major that I want to change about my life. I exercise, eat fairly well, no family problems, engage in a couple of activities that are non-home-schooling related, etc. But. I'm not finding any real joy in anything I do. It feels like I'm just checking items off of a to-do list, not really enjoying anything.

Here's to a better day to all of us tomorrow!

I am 40, and I think I'm having some perimenopausal, non-PMS-related moods. I should have taken today off from school. I was happy and relaxed yesterday, so I should have predicted that today would not be as good. And once in a while, I am just so tired. Saturday, I went to bed at 7:30 pm!!

I don't know if anyone else has this as a perimenopausal symptom, but I have noticed that I haven't felt "happy" in a long time. Nothing is wrong, there's nothing major that I want to change about my life. I exercise, eat fairly well, no family problems, engage in a couple of activities that are non-home-schooling related, etc. But. I'm not finding any real joy in anything I do. It feels like I'm just checking items off of a to-do list, not really enjoying anything.

Here's to a better day to all of us tomorrow!

Are you my doppleganger? :D I'm the same age as you are with very similar symptoms! And here I thought it was just spiritual attacks...continuously! Well, I know that's part of it, but now that you've spoken up, I think my suspicions are correct, too: that the "change" is coming! No wonder I'm feeling overwhelmed!