Menu

Needing to purchase a stroller/car seat for new baby... help me, please!

There are so many out there and the ones we've looked at all have things we like, but not on the same one. We don't want to spend more than $200. Which one would you buy again or recommend to someone else to buy.

My wishes are:

-comfortable for baby (large seat in stroller, snuggles them, made out of nice material, cushiony)

-turns well, easy steering, easy folding

-taller handles would be nice because we are tall or at least adjustable, if they make them.

-large under basket

-large canopy on both stroller and car seat

-trays/drink holder for parent and child

Even if yours doesn't have all of the things I listed, please share with me what you have or had if you loved yours! Thanks.

The best thing that worked for me was getting the Baby Trend Snap and Go Lite. That was a decade ago - I don't know what it is called now. But it is basically a frame with a basket that allows you to snap in various model infant car seats.

Why I lile this set up over a stroller/car seat combo:

1) I can pick the best infant seat I want.

2) the stroller frame is so much lighter than lugging out a travel stroller.

3) I don't have to take baby in and out of her infant seat.

4) It's size and weight is great for traveling and airplanes.

5) Size is also great for using it in doctor's waiting room, church, etc.

6) I can shop for a great buy on a better quality stroller for when baby is a few months older or when I want to take a nice stroll through the park and not out running errands.

Many times the infant seat/ stroller combos are not the best quality and are very heavy and cumbersome.

Honestly, I would spend the money on a good car seat and skip the stroller. I do plan on getting a stroller for my next baby, but not a stroller/carseat combo, and it won't be a priority purchase until the baby is at least 6+ mo. I prefer the car seat stay in the car where it belongs, while I wear the baby in a sling or asian-style baby carrier.

We had a Britax Marathon when DD was a baby, it was awesome.

I bought Chicco for my now 2 yo ds and plan to use it as well for his sister-to-be. It has all your requirements and was supposedly one of the safest. Stroller is comfy and has your requirements as well and the car-seat was amazingly easy to use and adjust (but not the lightest to carry by handle!). I think I paid under $200 for our set.

I bought Chicco for my now 2 yo ds and plan to use it as well for his sister-to-be. It has all your requirements and was supposedly one of the safest. Stroller is comfy and has your requirements as well and the car-seat was amazingly easy to use and adjust (but not the lightest to carry by handle!). I think I paid under $200 for our set.

Which Chicco and where?

I also have the Chicco travel system and really love it! The handle is wonderful for tall people. It has the best padded cover I've found in any carseat; unlike seats such as the Graco which are nothing more than foam on the back and a thin fabric cover, the Chicco's cover has thicker padding for the back, bottom and leg area. The carseat itself does not snap on to other strollers due to its unique design but if you have the travel system that shouldn't be a problem. It also doesn't snap on to grocery carts but since carseats should not be put on carts (in, yes, not on) that also shouldn't be a problem. I love the way you can adjust the straps without having to go through the back of the seat and the safety rating.

I found mine on Craigslist basically brand new for $150.