Menu

Michael Pearl's Response to his critics today

Then none of these little kids who are just making mistakes... (because their parents are Christians, and so we want to believe our children will remain "in the faith") would need spanked... You only spank for heart issues... which would be sin... so.... the whole spanking issue would not be something Michael Pearl would believe in for children of Christians, right??

Mistakes... hmmm I was taught that when we become Christians, we are no longer Sinners... but rather Saints.. (of Christ) and that we can sin... but once "redeemed" we won't be "sinners" like before Salvation... hmmm

I didn't say it made sense to me! But it is a belief that's been around for a long time.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expected him to say, "I never told anyone to beat their child to death." He didn't say anything like that, which makes me wonder if that was an old post to his critics in general - not a recent response to the horrible death of a child.

No, he wrote it on March 1st and posted the article name on Facebook. If you go to their FB page, you can see it and all the responses from his followers.

Blessings!

Dorinda

Well, this may have already been discussed as I haven't read all the posts, but he does believe that he (and everyone else) can and should live a sinless life.

:blink: That explains alot. That explains (not justifies)the extreme lengths he is willing to go to get his children to be "perfect".

If we are able to acheive holiness/perfection on our own that sort of chucks any sort of propitiaton on the part of Jesus or grace on God's part out the window doesn't it? :001_huh: Without those two things I feel like I might as well pack it in. Why bother trying to attain perfection without grace?

Random thoughts from a random person.