Menu

Can I just share how very happy I am with BFSU by Bernard Nebel

Halcyon

:D

Got this in the mail last week, and I am loving it. Just loving it. It fits just about every criteria in my book for a good science curriculum. And it's definitely 'expandable' for my upcoming 3rd grader--although of course I am keenly awaiting Nebel's books for older grades coming out this summer.

Anyone else in love with this book?

I *wish* you people would stop posting about BFSU!!!:lol:

I keep researching it with great excitement, then see that we are well beyond the target age group. Grrrrrrrr!

Wait! Did you say more book for older grades coming out soon?

Yep :) Late spring or summer :tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

Yes, I love BFSU also. I'm moving kind of slowly because I'm not 'officially' doing school with my youngest yet. I can't wait for his new books, because I haven't found anything great for my older kids for science.

Don't you love the 'Baloney Detection' part?

Don't you love the 'Baloney Detection' part?

Got this in the mail last week, and I am loving it. Just loving it. It fits just about every criteria in my book for a good science curriculum. And it's definitely 'expandable' for my upcoming 3rd grader--although of course I am keenly awaiting Nebel's books for older grades coming out this summer.

:iagree:

:party:

Welcome to the BFSU party!!!!

We are loving it, too! Love baloney detection. Love integrating everything together. It seems like the perfect balance between the randomness of traditional texts and the classical approach. (With a physics teacher for a dh, there was just no way we were going to be able to wait until year 4 to do physics!) Love the flexibility. Love the teaching moments. Love the easy, easy, easy discussions, activities and games.

The only thing I would change is that I wish that the lesson number were on the header of each page. :tongue_smilie: If I don't book mark where we are, I have a hard time finding the lesson we are working on. But that is my greatest complaint, so you can see why I am loving it!

Tracy

We're starting that once we finish NOEO :D.

I thought we would finish up what we have and start BFSU in Aug. After all, I spent $100 on our science curriculum, and it was pretty good (notwithstanding the randomness of the lessons). It didn't take long before I just jumped into BFSU and ditched the $100 curriculum.

Dr. Nebel suggested in his yahoo group that you not dump a curriculum but use them together. While a nice sentiment, I just felt that BFSU was so superior that it would be a waste of time to try to correlate the two programs.

Tracy

I thought we would finish up what we have and start BFSU in Aug. After all, I spent $100 on our science curriculum, and it was pretty good (notwithstanding the randomness of the lessons). It didn't take long before I just jumped into BFSU and ditched the $100 curriculum.

Dr. Nebel suggested in his yahoo group that you not dump a curriculum but use them together. While a nice sentiment, I just felt that BFSU was so superior that it would be a waste of time to try to correlate the two programs.

Tracy

He has a point though. The NOEO doesn't exactly take much time. We could do the entire week in one day and dd would love it. Maybe we will, lol....

Tracy

Would you be willing to share what you were using?

Do you have a link?:D