Menu

Help me! We will never get passed the Revolution

Granny_Weatherwax

if I don't stop looking for new material to read or view. We are using AAH and are in the middle of the Revolution section. I keep finding videos, books and documents for us to use as supplemental materials. There are so many good things out there to use for this period. We watched a neat biography on Benedict Arnold yesterday and one on Paul Revere today. I have three videos in line for the next three school days; one on the Declaration, another one on Paul Revere and one on the Christian views of the Founding Fathers.

I also have books on the major battles, period weapons and clothing, the Articles of Confederation, Common Sense, etc.

DS and I are thoroughly enjoying ourselves.

We leave for Boston next Friday morning. I can't wait.:hurray: I will finish planning the trip this week.

I haven't been in Massachusetts for years. I hope I have enough time to travel to South Hadley to see Mount Holyoke. Do you think taking a seventh grader on a college visit to Amherst is totally outrageous? Gotta get to that side of the state somehow!

Boy, I totally understand your predicament. We have United Streaming, and at the end of each unit (of whatever), I'll look on U.S. to see what videos they have. And my heart just sinks :001_smile: when I see they have 18 or so that would be appropriate! LOL.

At some point, we just have to move on.

But it's a nice problem to have.

We did that with Ancients. We ended up taking 2 years for Ancients because we could, and because we wanted to! :D There was SOOO much material and neat things to go down bunny tracks on, that it took us that long. However that filled us up with Ancients! dd was 7 & 8 then. She's going into 9th grade now, and does NOT want to do Ancients! :) We never did get around to the Middle Ages, so we're going to do TQ--500-1600 AD. She's looking forward to that!

Oh, during that 2-year time-span we got to see the Dead Sea Scrolls at the Pacific Science Center here in Seattle, and we got to see the King Tut exhibit in Philadelphia, since we were out that way visiting dh's family! Those were very cool!

So, I certainly understand your predicament! Best wishes moving along---but if you're having fun, you may just wanna stick with what you're doing.............unless it totally throws your system off! :D

if I don't stop looking for new material to read or view. We are using AAH and are in the middle of the Revolution section. I keep finding videos, books and documents for us to use as supplemental materials. There are so many good things out there to use for this period. We watched a neat biography on Benedict Arnold yesterday and one on Paul Revere today. I have three videos in line for the next three school days; one on the Declaration, another one on Paul Revere and one on the Christian views of the Founding Fathers.

I also have books on the major battles, period weapons and clothing, the Articles of Confederation, Common Sense, etc.

DS and I are thoroughly enjoying ourselves.

We leave for Boston next Friday morning. I can't wait.:hurray: I will finish planning the trip this week.

I haven't been in Massachusetts for years. I hope I have enough time to travel to South Hadley to see Mount Holyoke. Do you think taking a seventh grader on a college visit to Amherst is totally outrageous? Gotta get to that side of the state somehow!

I'm nervous this "AAH" will just be one more resource I will not be able to "live without" - IYKWIM.

We went to Boston in '08 - now that was cooool.

I'm nervous this "AAH" will just be one more resource I will not be able to "live without" - IYKWIM.

We went to Boston in '08 - now that was cooool.

AAH - All American History by Celeste Rakes

http://www.lamppostpublishing.com/all-american-history-curriculum.htm

DS and I like it. I cannot compare it to other programs for you as it is the only history program I have used in my one year of hsing.

AAH has literature suggestions, timeline info, a student book with worksheets and assignment ideas. The author incorporates ideas to help make the text appropriate for younger elementary students and older high school students.

DS like the book bcause it doesn't contain a lot of fluff. It get right to the point, tells you what you need to know and moves on. He gets to decide what is extra by choosing the literature and videos he wants to read and view.

I like it because it has a great teacher's edition with lots of info and suggestions.