Menu

Does anyone know of cool Lego books that give step-by-step instructions

Klutz has two small booklets packaged with a handful of special parts that shows kids how to make things like extending pincer claws, a candy machine with moving parts, etc. You use mostly regular Legos and add the few bits and pieces that come with the booklets. Not giant projects but my daughter really loved making them.

In looking up this book, I found the Unofficial LEGO Builders Guide.

http://www.amazon.com/Unofficial-LEGO-Builders-Guide/dp/1593270542/ref=pd_sim_b_2

I've seen both of those, but not quite what I'm looking for. I guess we're looking for more "common" stuff like, planes, ships, really cool vechicles, fortresses, etc. Thanks!

Lego used to publish them and they were called "Idea Books." I just did a search on ebay (lego idea book) and some did come up like this one: Lego Idea Book

My husband still has several from his childhood.

Do you get the free Lego Club magazine? Sometimes there are directions there, but often they involve peices from various sets. However, if your kids are really good at building they may be able to look at a completed model and rebuild it from their existing pieces.

In looking up this book, I found the Unofficial LEGO Builders Guide.

http://www.amazon.com/Unofficial-LEGO-Builders-Guide/dp/1593270542/ref=pd_sim_b_2

A lot of people don't actually like this book. It contains more information about and the history of lego than actual building instructions. It explains how to design your own models but that's sort of over the heads of a lot of younger lego enthusiasts.

We have this book: Cool Cars and Trucks and it's pretty good but it's also pretty small.

It would be great to find a huge book with lots of ideas, wouldn't it? I'd buy something like that in a heartbeat. Maybe my ds12 will make one that we can sell to pay for college!

I find the Creator sets to be the best kind to buy. The ones to build various different things with the set--rather than only one thing (such as themed sets for Star WArs, Harry Potter, etc). They are more generic within a category--we have bugs, robots, planes, vehicles, etc.

DK publishes some Lego books. My son has been begging for another one. We have the Animals one and it has seen hours and hours intense interest and lots of finished animals. IOW, the instructions WORK.

http://www.amazon.com/Build-Amazing-Animals-Bricks-Modelers/dp/0789447754/ref=pd_sim_b_13

This is the one we have. DS wants the ones on the back.

~~Faithe

Thanks for all the websites!! Sorry I haven't checked back. We've been trying to get our new computer all set-up. It's taken two days to get on the internet because my mom clicked something she shouldn't have when she was installing software, so it blocked our dial-up connection:001_huh:. Thanks for trying though mom! Love ya;)!

Thanks for all the websites!! Sorry I haven't checked back. We've been trying to get our new computer all set-up. It's taken two days to get on the internet because my mom clicked something she shouldn't have when she was installing software, so it blocked our dial-up connection:001_huh:. Thanks for trying though mom! Love ya;)!