Menu

Wii Walk It Out Is Fantastic!!!

I just wanted to say that Wii Walk It Out is great:D

http://www.amazon.com/Walk-Out-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002CZ7P04/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1266977802&sr=8-1

I am extremely out of shape and as a result have dreaded exercise:( However, I must say that Wii Walk It Out is addictive in that I do not mind doing it everyday. Once you start it, you do not want to stop unlike my treadmill.

It allows up to 4 players using controllers with nunchucks, dance pads, or the wii fit balance board. You walk to the beat while clicking on capsules that build houses, trees, bridges, songs, rainbows , etc, for the island.

For all extreme couch potatoes, I strongly recommend this game:D

Dh and Ds enjoy this game as well:)

How is the music selection? We really prefer contemporary Christian for most of our listening, but I know it probably will not have that. Are the songs clean and wholesome?

Am I understanding it right that all you would have to own is the remote with nunchuk? We do not have a Wii dance pad or balance board...YET! We just got our Wii at Christmas.

More questions:

Will the Outdoor Adventure pad work if you don't have the DDR pad?

Is it easy to continue or stop without necessarily a time committment?

The video looked a bit busy. I'm old. LOL. Is it really that busy looking or was that because it was a compilation of scenes?

What kind of workout are we talking about? We have some workouts on the Wii I can barely do and others that are way too simple.

ETA one more question: Is this more like the Walking Videos or taking a walk? I handle workout videos and esp the walking ones much more easily. I would assume it's more like that and wouldn't have much a of stride which I think is the part my poor body balks about. But I thought I'd ask because though I can do 4 miles with Leslie on a normal/good day, I can't normally make it to the end of the street and back without paying for it. Of course, I won't bother trying either on a bad day. I'll just enjoy chatting with y'all instead :)

Thanks!

Edited by 2J5M9K

How is the music selection? We really prefer contemporary Christian for most of our listening, but I know it probably will not have that. Are the songs clean and wholesome?

Am I understanding it right that all you would have to own is the remote with nunchuk? We do not have a Wii dance pad or balance board...YET! We just got our Wii at Christmas.

The songs all seem to be clean and you can turn off any songs that you do not like. There are some funky songs, but the lyrics have not seemed objectionable to me. You might be able to get a play list from the company and check out the songs on pandora. "Vacation" was one of the songs. They also have multiple genres. I do not believe that there are any Christian songs. The game also seems to be geared toward families:)

We use it with only the remote and nunchuk:D

More questions:

Will the Outdoor Adventure pad work if you don't have the DDR pad?

Is it easy to continue or stop without necessarily a time committment?

The video looked a bit busy. I'm old. LOL. Is it really that busy looking or was that because it was a compilation of scenes?

What kind of workout are we talking about? We have some workouts on the Wii I can barely do and others that are way too simple.

ETA one more question: Is this more like the Walking Videos or taking a walk? I handle workout videos and esp the walking ones much more easily. I would assume it's more like that and wouldn't have much a of stride which I think is the part my poor body balks about. But I thought I'd ask because though I can do 4 miles with Leslie on a normal/good day, I can't normally make it to the end of the street and back without paying for it. Of course, I won't bother trying either on a bad day. I'll just enjoy chatting with y'all instead :)

Thanks!

We just use the remote and nunchuks here, but it is supposed to be compatible with dance pad.

You can stop and save the game any time you want. I warning you that you may not want to stop since it is a lot of fun:D

It is not very busy. You and your partners are walking along paths, over bridges and exploring various sections of the island. They have the stadium which you start out in and after walking so much you get out to see the island. The island has a shopping district, beach, countryside, farms, flower fields, parks, mountains with overlooks, apartments, church, houses, etc. You will see capsules on either side of the road that you can click on to decorate and grow the island with trees, street lights, houses, windmills, flower fields, benches, stands, stores, etc. You also get choices on where to go.

You are walking to the beat, but you also feel like swinging a little bit to the beat;) It is like a walking video, but also s a game that is very enjoyable:D

• 2 weeks later...