Menu

Dinner Ideas

I need inspiration, please?! I have no idea what to do with my boneless skinless chicken breasts for dinner. I'm definitely going to get back to menu planning, but I still need to feed the family tonight. Any ideas? I would prefer something quick and easy after this very long day.

We have a wide variety of items in the fridge/freezer/pantry.

Thanks!

If you have a heavy skillet like cast iron, I's sprinkle a little thyme and lemon juice on the chicken and sear them on the stovetop.

Rice would be our choice with it and a quick salad or some chopped carrots and peas sauteed in butter or olive oil.

I have lots of cast iron! That sounds tasty and easy. I'm off to make it. Thank you! Thank you!

I made Cobb Salad with chicken breasts last night. I marinate the chicken breasts in olive oil, lemon juice and several cloves of crushed garlic then I cook them about 5 minutes per side in a pan. Also in my cobb salad: romaine, grape tomatoes, sliced boiled eggs, bacon, sliced avocado and crumbled blue cheese (on the side because dh doesn't like blue cheese).

Tomorrow I'm making chicken stir fry.

I just mentioned in the rice thread how I like to make chicken breasts: I lightly grease (usually with a spray) a small/medium casserole dish (I think mine is 1.5 qt). I lightly salt & pepper both sides of the chicken breasts, put them in the dish and cover with a glass lid. I bake it anywhere from 350 to 400 for 45-60 min. They come out very tender and very good. Baking longer has not been detrimental--it seems to come out just as good. Tonight it was 400 for almost 60 min.