Menu

What features in a laminator?

My dh bought me a laminator for Valentine's Day. :001_wub: He bought a fairly decent one with two heat settings and a couple other features that sound nice, plus it received nice reviews on amazon. It's this one.

I just realized that this doesn't come with the capability to laminate up to 12" sheets. Since I scrapbook, I like the idea of laminating some of the pages, but I honestly don't think I'd ever need to. I just like the idea that I could laminate something bigger. :tongue_smilie: I thought of maybe exchanging it for this one, which is significantly cheaper and can accommodate a larger paper size. However, it does not have different heat settings.

The one dh bought me has better features overall, and I don't want to spend more money than that because I don't *think* I'll be doing that much laminating. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind on that one. :tongue_smilie:

So, Hive, is bigger better, or should I just stick with the on dh picked?

I used to have a Xyron 8.5 inch laminator. Xyron machines do not use heat to laminate. I really loved my laminator (regrettably had to give it away during a move :( )

I'm looking into getting another laminator - but a wider one. They make 9 inch and 12 inch. Their latest 12 inch one is called the Creatopia. It can also do die cutting (with attachments) and other cool things a scrapbooker would love. This is on my wishlist! :D

Mine is more expensive.. borrowed from my parents actually. (They know they'll never get it back) I use it ALL the time... from small to large... and it does up to 12" at least with 3 settings. Lovely present... I don't know if your hubby would be offended. $30 isn't too much... but if you wanna spend more...:-)

BTW... I love Oregonlam.com for lamination products... $5.95 flat shipping.... I love the pouches with rounded corners.... I also like the comb binder machine:-)

Carrie:-)

I've found that even though mine can do bigger sheets, pouches over the 9x12 size cost enough that it's cheaper to go to the teacher's center and use their roll laminator-it's only $.25/foot for a 3 ft wide section. I do use the 8 1/2 x 11 pouches a lot, though, especially since my DD has gotten into book making lately.