Menu

Science for 5th, 3rd and 1st graders?

LoveBaby

Hey mama's!

I have pretty much everything figured out for next year except sciences.

Hit me with some easy to implement science programs to do with all 3 of my children!

thanks!

apologia texts are out because we are working through those at co-op, so I want something different for home.

but I remember one year we had ALOT of fun with science - the kids were in 4/5, 3/4, and K. We did a long unit of weather science using The Kid's Book of Weather Forecasting and the Old Farmer's Almanac Book of Weather and Natural Disasters. The same year after the weather unit we worked on the constellations and basic astronomy using H.A. Reye's book about constellations. That was a good early science year! HTH -Jen

lovemykids will probably have suggestions. Her kids at those same ages are using RS4K Chemistry Prelevel and Level 1 together.

I am using Elemental Science Chemistry along with RS4K Prelevel Chemistry... I think something like that could work with your kids. Elemental Science is definitely more rigorous than the RS4K prelevel.

God's Design for Science series is multi-level. :)

I am sure you will get more suggestions, from those with more experience... but at least I gave you samples to look at.

Edited by Lovedtodeath