Menu

Embarrassing MP3 Questions

I'm a little behind with the tech times. Only a year ago did I finally buy a portable cd player:w00t: I know MP3 players have been around.

I have noticed that there are a lot of MP3 downloads and some are not even selling the cd version but only MP3 downloads.

My question is if I purchase one of SWB MP3 downloads, does that mean I can listen to it from my computer? Can I transfer it to a disc? I would much prefer not to be tied to listening to it at the computer.

Appreciate any help.

Yes, you will be able to listen to the MP3 files on your computer.

To the best of my knowledge, even though you can burn those MP3 files to a CD, you still need a CD player that can read MP3 files for you to be able to listen to them on anything but the computer. I remember dh making us buy a CD player that could read MP3's several years ago before I really understood what MP3's were. It cost quite a bit back then, but I'm not sure what's available on the market now.

I am not sure that you can't play a CD burned from an MP3 file on your computer on a regular CD player.

I successfully (and to great applause) downloaded my daughter's gymnastics floor music from the website from which I bought it, to my computer and then to my MP3 player (by accident), so I know it worked on my MP3 player. I also burned it to a CD that plays in my car or the CD player at her gym.

When Windows Media Player opens, look for "burn," and then it will tell you how to transfer an MP3 file to a CD. "Rip" is the opposite function, i.e., going from CD to your PC for a subsequent transfer to your MP3 player.

Terri