Menu

I did it! I finished the sweater I was knitting....

in time for dd to wear it tomorrow! It's a lopi, but made with a wool/alpaca blend that is just DIVINE to work with. I want sheets made out of it!

Check out my Ravelry page for details, if you'd like.

Here's a photo of the satisfied customer. (Pay no attention to her purple leopard print flannel jammies!)

mollytryonresize.jpg[/img]

that came out purlfect!! how long did it take?

I started it on February 29th and finished it today, so three weeks. The great thing about Lopi patterns is that they're knit in the round and on big needles (this was a size 11) so it really went FAST! Of course, it helped that my husband curled in a bonspiel three weekends ago and I had nothing to do but sit there, watch him curl and knit up a storm!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lopi sweaters, but I knit this one on a different yarn: Web's Plymouth Yarns in Berkshire Bulky, which is an obscenely soft wool/alpaca blend. It may not wear as well as rugged old Lopi, but heck, by the time she wears it out she'll have outgrown it, so it works for me! :lol:

???? had to ask.:001_huh:

oooh yummy yarn I'll have to remember that- I'm fond of the circular 11"-15" and chunky yarn, haven't tried it with a sweater though.

You know, curling is that odd sport with brooms and large granite rocks played on a sheet of ice? Kind of like a combination of shuffleboard and chess, on ice. My dh is an avid curler.

If you like to knit in the round, you must try a Lopi sweater! So fun to knit and they go really quickly. You cast on the body stitches, join into a round, knit the ribbing, and then knit up to the armpits. Knit two arms, put the first four and last four stitches of each arm on a stitch holder (8 st. total) and then just pick up the stitches on each arm and the body and start knitting the yoke color pattern, decreasing as you go, then bind off the neck! This one was a bit different as it's a cardigan, so I did as above but purled the first and last stitches of the round, which left a "channe" of sorts up the front. Then I machine stitched two rows on either side of the center "ladder" and then, GULP, I cut it apart. :eek: Then sewed the button plackets on. It's the first Lopi cardigan I've made, and I was pretty freaked out by the cutting, but I'm pleased with the result. It needs to be blocked, but Molly will wear it tomorrow (it's cold here in CT!)

Wow! I wish that i could do something like that. It is absolutely beautiful.

Laurel T.

Knitting is so much fun, and really, once you get the hang of the knitting part, the patterns are just following directions. Really..... the best advice I've ever gotten came from my mom when I was just starting to learn to knit: "Pick a yarn you love and a pattern you love, and you'll be motivated to knit the project and finish it!" She was right!

Try it! Lopi sweaters are so much fun! :001_smile:

When I started knitting, I had the same problem. Then my mom convinced me to try a Lopi sweater (I swear, I do knit more than just Lopi sweaters!) and it was fun to challenge myself with a pattern that kept changing.

When you're knitting the same thing over and over again on each row, it can get boring. My mom, who is an amazing knitter, hates to do repetitive things.

Try a felted bag! You can do it! :thumbup: