Menu

What great new dvds/ movies have you seen lately?

I really enjoyed Adam, about a young man with Aspergers. Loved the story, the actors everything. Very moving and well done.

I loved Bright Star too, about John Keats and his love Fannie Brawne. I sobbed my eyes out, and I rarely cry in movies.

Has anyone else seen these? Did you like them?

What great new dvds or movies have you seen lately?

Best movie on dvd that I have watched recently: Little Miss Sunshine. I hadn't seen it before and a friend lent me the dvd, it was wonderful.

LOVED that movie!!!

I know it sounds weird, but dh and I really liked "Lars and the Real Girl." The description sounds a little dirty, but it was one of the best movies I have seen in a while. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. It is a dark comedy kinda like "Fargo," but a little different. "Revolution ( maybe Revolutionary) Road" was another good one that sticks with you for a while. This one does have some adult content.

I know it sounds weird, but dh and I really liked "Lars and the Real Girl."

I really liked this movie too. I got misty a few times in it. :) I saw this movie Persepolis a couple of weeks ago and really liked it. It is an autobiographical animated film based on the life of this Iranian girl. She suffers so many things but tells her story with so much humor that you can't help chuckling in spite of the misfortune of it all. The animation is stunning too. I really liked it. :)