Menu

Apple Cider Vinegar question (this is yet another shampoo-free question)

So, I don't use shampoo. I tried out a few things to use instead but have found that just hot/warm water in the shower is the best for me. After a while I noticed that my hair was getting a bit dry, though. I read that, of all things, apple cider vinegar would help with that. I tried it and boy does it! It just doesn't seem that vinegar would moisturize to me. I think of it as drying, actually.

Anyway . . . I poured the vinegar straight on (over the sink), used a pick to come it through, and then rinsed it out in the shower. I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed and rinsed. My hair was the softest and silkiest it's ever been but the vinegar scent wouldn't go away for several days. I could smell it but people who didn't actually have their noses in my hair said it wasnt' noticeable.

I did the vinegar rinse on Saturday and didn't do it again. I could smell the vinegar on my dry hair till Wednesday and I can still smell it when I use the hair dryer.

I'm going to get to my question pretty soon. please bear with me!:tongue_smilie:

I have to just say that I really, really, really, liked the look and feel of my hair afte using the vinegar. really. but, while everyone said it wasn't noticeable, it was *way*too*noticeable* for me!

Do you know . . .

1) if I dilute the vinegar would I still get the same result w/ less scent?

2) why does the smell of apple cider vinegar linger soooo much longer than white vinegar?

3) would white vinegar have the same effect on my hair as apple cider vinegar?

4) is there some other something I could put on my hair once/wk or so to get that same soft and silky look and feel?

Thanks, guys!

I started with straight vinegar because I didn't know any better but it burned my scalp a bit. Then I used the diluted (about 2-3 TBSP in a about a cup of water). I didn't get the dramatic difference with either method so I know use coconut oil as a leave in conditioner. Now my hair is the nicest it has ever been. I just thought I'd throw it out there as an idea if the diluted vinegar doesn't give you the same results.