Menu

Disney again - food ???s

Animal Kingdom - You HAVE to do the Picnic in the Park. It was DELICIOUS. You place your order upon entering the park. You tell them what time you want to pick it up. You pick it up and they hand you a cute little fabric bag with everything inside.....food, plates, utensils, napkins. You get to choose a humongous dessert (we each got a huge brownie) and bottled waters. It was one of the best meals we had at Disney. Plenty filling.

Magic Kingdom - we like Pinnocchio's.....we also usually end up eating at Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe some time too.

EPCOT: sunshine seasons in the Land, great variety and awesome desserts (you can also get the desserts as snack if you are on the dining plan)

AK: flame tree bbq, nice ribs.

MK: we like cosmic rays, huge portions so it is easy to share.

DHS: try, Starring Rolls, they have nice sandwiches and HUGE portions, also nice desserts and great danishes for breakfast.

Magic Kingdom:

Casey's Hot Dogs are exceptionally delicious

Village Haus has good food at reasonable prices (and portions tend to be large enough for sharing) You can also sit and watch the boarding of It's

A Small World.

Columbia Harbor House...really good food and again large portions. Love the fried fish or the tuna sandwich here. Hint: Go upstairs to sit and you can look out over Fantsyland or the Haunted House area.

El Pirata y el Perico (The Pirate and the Parrot): It's only open "seasonally" but when it is open it's our 2nd favorite place (after Caseys). Tacos, including vegetarian and they're delicious.

Cosmic Rays is good food and the entertainment while you eat is always fun.

Animal Kingdom:

Flame Tree BBQ is pretty good food

Yak and Yeti (they have both a Table Service and a Counter Service) serves decent American style asian food.

Hollywood Studios:

Studio Catering Company has really good pulled pork sandwiches or Grilled chicken with black beans and rice.

Most of the rest of the Counter Service places serve the same boring stuff. ABC Catering has some different selections but the quality of food seems to go up and down each time we visit.

If you're planning to see Fantasmic, there is a counter service in the theatre....hot dogs, soft pretzels, popcorn etc....but like eating at a ball game there is something extra delicious about eating here and watching the show.

EPCOT

There are so many great places in World Showcase:

United Kingdom: Yorkshire Fish Company, all that's missing is the newspaper wrapping.

France: Boulangerie Patisserie....this could go under lunch or under snacks! There is always a long line for this place, but it's worth the wait. Many people assume it's all desserts, but they have croissant sandwiches that are amazing.

Japan: Yakatori House...love their udon and sushi (they also have a good teriyaki, but I make that at home, lol)

Tangierine Cafe in Morroco....love the Shawarma and their hummus and Tabouleh!

The Cantina in Mexico is hit and miss....but love their churros (oops, that goes in snacks!)

Lotus Blossom in China is truly awful....not even good Americanized Chinese. :tongue_smilie:

Sunshine Seasons in The Land has the largest selection and pretty decent prices.

Downtown Disney:

Earl of Sandwich....really unusual selections, big and filling.

If you're going to be checking out any of the resorts, POP Century is good fun food and a fun place for the kids to wander around and look at all the super HUGE decorations. Great photo ops!

Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs also have food courts worth stopping by.

Snacks:

Gotta have a Mickey Head ice cream, no matter what the weather....I think it may be a law (or should be, lol). You can find these in all the parks at multiple locations.

Dole Whip....Magic Kingdom Adventureland Pineapple Juice and soft serve ice cream blended together...yummmmm

Funnel Cakes in the America Pavillion at ECPOT.

School Bread at Kringla Bakeri in Norway at EPCOT

Churros in Mexico

Our fave fast dining choices...

EPCOT:

Fish 'n Chips (a take out window next to the British Pub Restaurant).

China has a fast service counter off to the rear of their area.

Animal Kingdom:

Dino World has a 50's style counter service that has a nice seating area.

Hollywood Studios:

We like the open market area that is on the way to Tower of Terror. Lots of choices.

Magic Kingdom:

We like getting the BBQ Turkey Legs from the stands or another good place is a large cafeteria in futureland (indoor and lots of comfortable seating).

Pinocchio Village Haus used to have the most delicious, decadent fries called Figaro Fries. I have no idea why they dropped them from the menu. :glare:

I'm not a fan of much of the counter service in the parks. I agree that Sunshine Seasons and Yakatori House are good. Love Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD. The resorts have some good counter service too. We like the Contempo Cafe (Contemporary) and Captain Cooks (Poly).

Edited for Snacks:

Love going to Goofy Candy Company to make my snacks. They've removed some things off the snack credit menu though (make your own chocolate dipped pretzel sticks are off :glare:) but there are still some good choices. We also use them at Boulangerie Patisserie in EPCOT. My kids love Dole Whips (MK, Poly). While at AK we usually get a bowl of pineapples from Harambe Market and egg rolls from Anandupur Cafe.

Edited by Karenciavo

MK: Cosmic Ray's (Tomorrow Land), Pecos Bill Cafe (Frontier Land) Pinocchio's (Fantasy Land)

EPCOT: The land pavilion has some good stuff

MGM: Toy story pizza palace (or something like that)

Animal Kingdom: I remember eating at some place near the Dinoland playground. I think it was basically a McDonald's

If you end up going to Downtown Disney (lots of shopping, you don't need a ticket for this area) I suggest the Wolfgang Puck's express or The Earl of Sandwich

I hope you have an awesome time at Disney!

Pinocchio Village Haus used to have the most delicious, decadent fries called Figaro Fries. I have no idea why they dropped them from the menu. :glare:

You can still sortof get them, if you're willing to work for it. Figaro Fries was made with french fries, cheese sauce, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and ranch dressing. You can order the fries with the cheese sauce and ask for a side of ranch dressing....but then you have to walk over to Cosmic Rays for the lettuce and tomatoes. Bacon is sometimes at Cosmic, but not everytime we've gone and asking they simply say "if it's not out, we don't have it today". A lot of work for a decadent snack, but hey addicts will go out of their way for what they need.

Tangierine Cafe in Morroco....love the Shawarma and their hummus and Tabouleh!

:iagree: We ate there in October and it was fabulous!

The Cantina in Mexico is hit and miss....but love their churros (oops, that goes in snacks!)

:iagree: We weren't impressed with our meal in Mexico...should have gone back to Morroco!

You can still sortof get them, if you're willing to work for it. Figaro Fries was made with french fries, cheese sauce, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and ranch dressing. You can order the fries with the cheese sauce and ask for a side of ranch dressing....but then you have to walk over to Cosmic Rays for the lettuce and tomatoes. Bacon is sometimes at Cosmic, but not everytime we've gone and asking they simply say "if it's not out, we don't have it today". A lot of work for a decadent snack, but hey addicts will go out of their way for what they need.

:D Probably a little too much work for me. But ordering fries from Cosmic Rays and using the toppings bar is a good idea if I'm jonesin' for some artery clogging goodness.

it doesn't matter what is covered or not as far as snacks.

We didn't have many counter meals last time since we did have a dining plan. This May trip is a budget trip though; ds and I are going back in October with my niece and family and we'll have more splurges then!

There are quite a few of those we've never tried so I'm excited about trying some new things.

I made the deposit just a little while ago so we are SET!! I'm planning to make one or two meal reservations but that's it. I think we might do the character breakfast in AK and a sit-down somewhere in Epcot our last night there. My daughter and her bf will probably do Boma, but we're gonna skip it because we went there last time and will go in October too.

Anyway, I am SO excited about this trip. I just love Disneyworld!!