Menu

Camouflage patterned yarn??

Anyone know where I can find yarn that knits or crochets into a military green camo pattern? Would rather use natural fibers of good quality. Not afraid to spend a little big of $$$ on this one...they are very, very good friends, and also a military family.

It is for a baby blanket :001_huh:. Yep, my friend and her husband want a green camo baby blanket. I think I could crochet golden yellow stars, emblems, etc. and applique them onto the finished blanket. Could turn out really cool, or really, really awfully. But I told them I'd try. I also thought about doing a simple bold stripe pattern using camo-type colors: light and dark olive, tan, brown, etc...

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

I saw this in the store and thought it was pretty. I was able to find it online.

http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=camouflage

If you look at the page I linked, there is one called Baby Camo, which may suit both the parents' and your tastes.

Its actually a pretty nice yarn. I have used it to make a baby blanket and it knits up quite nicely.

I purchased my yarn at Michaels (arts & crafts store).

Anyone know where I can find yarn that knits or crochets into a military green camo pattern? Would rather use natural fibers of good quality. Not afraid to spend a little big of $$$ on this one...they are very, very good friends, and also a military family.

It is for a baby blanket :001_huh:. Yep, my friend and her husband want a green camo baby blanket. I think I could crochet golden yellow stars, emblems, etc. and applique them onto the finished blanket. Could turn out really cool, or really, really awfully. But I told them I'd try. I also thought about doing a simple bold stripe pattern using camo-type colors: light and dark olive, tan, brown, etc...

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Something about the juxtaposition of a military green camo pattern and natural fibers just made me chuckle.

Not a slam against military. It just made me look twice.

The Bernat yarn as knitted in the sample does look a lot like the digital camo patterns that have come into use.

I recently made DS a camo scarf from Bamboospun yarn ~ it's incredibly soft, and it's 75% natural bamboo fiber. It's not currently available on the Hobby Lobby website, but if you can get ahold of it, it's wonderful stuff! Bamboo is naturally antibacterial, so it would be perfect for a baby project.

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/store/item.aspx?dep=20&cat=68&subcat=50&IsOnSale=0&IsFeatured=0&IsNew=0&ItemId=102040

Jackie