Menu

Outlander

Yes it does contain sex and profanity. But it's usually important to the plot or development of the characters. I can't remember if it was on her site or if it was in the Outlandish companion, she talks about why she included those things in her writing. She said she doesn't use that kind of language IRL, her characters just happen to use them. Her characters are very real, and she's an excellent writer. I've loved all her books so far and recommend them. But if you are sensitive to those kind of things, then you may not enjoy the book.

Yes it does contain sex and profanity. But it's usually important to the plot or development of the characters. I can't remember if it was on her site or if it was in the Outlandish companion, she talks about why she included those things in her writing. She said she doesn't use that kind of language IRL, her characters just happen to use them. Her characters are very real, and she's an excellent writer. I've loved all her books so far and recommend them. But if you are sensitive to those kind of things, then you may not enjoy the book.

Yes.

It's a good book, and a very fun read.

But there's a definite point where I just wanted to say, "All RIGHT! We GET it. You two like each other. Enough with the sex and move it along, please!"

Their relationship is important to the plot, but the graphic-ness of their relations aren't.

My sil recommended these books. I read mixed opinions on the General Board.

Does it contain a lot of sex and profanity?

FWIW, I read the first book, having been told by someone that it was a wonderful series.

It was really smutty.

I haven't bothered to read any more.

Karen