Menu

I just hit my $10,000 sending limit with Paypal

It was a personal account. I had it linked to my bank account and confirmed with a credit card. But, I just closed that bank account so I deleted it. But it is still linked to the credit card.

I upgraded it to Premier and it still won't let me send money, so it probably has something to do with the bank account.

I don't think that Personal/Premier makes a difference anymore since all sales transactions incur a fee.

Under "limits," it said that I had a $10,000 sending limit and a $500 per month withdrawal limit.

I guess all those years of homeschooling, cloth diapering and eBay have taken a toll on the wallet. :lol:

It was a personal account. I had it linked to my bank account and confirmed with a credit card. But, I just closed that bank account so I deleted it. But it is still linked to the credit card.
I'm pretty sure "Confirmed" has to do with the bank account, not the credit card. If you closed the bank account and deleted it in PayPal, I'm thinking it is no longer "Confirmed".

I'm pretty sure "Confirmed" has to do with the bank account, not the credit card. If you closed the bank account and deleted it in PayPal, I'm thinking it is no longer "Confirmed".

I thought that you were confirmed with the credit card because if you don't have that, you can only send funded or echeck as they don't back your loan.

No matter. I have my "main" Paypal account and this one doesn't have a limit. It was from back in the day when you had one account with no fees and another that had fees so that you could accept credit cards.

I thought that you were confirmed with the credit card because if you don't have that, you can only send funded or echeck as they don't back your loan.
I seem to remember that to "Confirm" our account, we provided a bank account number and PayPal deposited some quantity of money between US$0.01 and US$0.99 and we had to tell PayPal how much showed up in the account.

I seem to remember that to "Confirm" our account, we provided a bank account number and PayPal deposited some quantity of money between US$0.01 and US$0.99 and we had to tell PayPal how much showed up in the account.

:iagree:

Being "confirmed" means you have provided bank account information to prove you are who you say you are. It would be easy to set up a paypal account with someone else's credit card, but it's harder to do so with someone else's bank account unless you have access to their statements. That's why Paypal puts $.01 or so in your bank account and you have to get the next month's statement and tell them the exact amount.

Jackie

ETA: I can understand why there would be a $10,000 limit on unconfirmed accounts, because they could be used for illegal activities and they would not be traceable.

Edited by Corraleno

:iagree:

Being "confirmed" means you have provided bank account information to prove you are who you say you are. It would be easy to set up a paypal account with someone else's credit card, but it's harder to do so with someone else's bank account unless you have access to their statements. That's why Paypal puts $.01 or so in your bank account and you have to get the next month's statement and tell them the exact amount.

Jackie

I remember doing that so the checking access must be the key.

Um, I think it must be a different problem with your account if you are not able to send money.

The $10,000 limit is how much you are able to send AT ONE TIME....not over the lifetime of the account.

The $500 is how much you can withdraw at one time.

This number will vary from person to person based on their Paypal activity, whether they are linked to bank or credit card.

I would put in a call to Paypal if you want to verify what I am saying, but I know that they do not cap your spending limits as a grand total over the lifetime of the account.

The $10,000 limit is how much you are able to send AT ONE TIME....not over the lifetime of the account.
With an unverified account, it is a lifetime limit. From PayPal's website (I don't know how to post this link from PayPal):

What is the maximum amount I can send with my PayPal account?

Question : Answer : Your sending limit is the total amount of money you can send with PayPal. If your account is verified, you do not have a sending limit.

If your account is unverified, you can't send payments once you reach your limit. Here's how you can view your Sending Limit:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.

2. Click the My Account tab.

3. On the Account Overview page, click the View Limits link.

4. The remaining amount you can send is listed under the Sending Limit heading.

5. To lift your limit, follow the instructions on the Sending Limit page.

According to this link at PayPal, you can verify your account using either your bank account or or credit card. My bet is that OP verified using the bank account and the verification disappeared with the deletion of the account.

Right. You can confirm an account with credit card, too, without ever providing bank account information. They'll credit your cc account with a small amount, and then you report back what that amount was. So now that you've deleted the bank account information, you should still be able to confirm with the credit card that is currently linked to your PP account.