Menu

How can I use this in my school room?

If I were to hang this in my homeschool room, what could I put in it? I currently have it hanging in dd6's closet because I didn't have another place for it. My original idea was to keep small toys in it, but because it's tucked away in the closet, it doesn't get used at all. I'd like to put it to use in our school room, but not for toys.

Any ideas?

65323_PE176467_S4.jpg

LOL, I bought one of those too, and I also have no idea what to do with it. It looked so neat that I just had to have it. I had it for over a year and had no idea what to do with it so I passed it on to my 16 year old sister. However, I have not seen it hanging in her room, so I guess she has no idea what to use it for either LOL.

Hummm...If I had that:

I'd use a section for my whiteboard, flipchart and chalkboard supplies.

Another section for post-it notes & highlighters and extra pencils.

Another for flash cards and small educational tools.

Another for math manipulatives or supplies like a compass, ruler, and protractor.

One for science manipulative or supplies.

And finally...one for my chocolate stash. :D

OK, I have a couple of those.

The one in my school room holds all our extra pencils and other supplies I get on sale and forget to use. One holds pencils, one for erasers, one for red pens, one for staplers, one for colored pencils, etc. Just extra packs of these I tend to stock up on and then the dc's know where they are.

I keep another one in my laundry room. I keep white socks in one, dark socks in another, baseball socks in one, baseball cups (yes I have boys) in another, ankle braces in one, etc. It has been a lifesaver for these as we don't even sort socks anymore. The kids just go to the bin.

I also have one in my closet with socks in one, scarfs in one and belts in the other.

Can you tell I love these things? They aren't meant for holding anything heavy though.

Is it from Ikea?

Hummm...If I had that:

I'd use a section for my whiteboard, flipchart and chalkboard supplies.

Another section for post-it notes & highlighters and extra pencils.

Another for flash cards and small educational tools.

Another for math manipulatives or supplies like a compass, ruler, and protractor.

One for science manipulative or supplies.

And finally...one for my chocolate stash. :D

The one in my school room holds all our extra pencils and other supplies I get on sale and forget to use. One holds pencils, one for erasers, one for red pens, one for staplers, one for colored pencils, etc. Just extra packs of these I tend to stock up on and then the dc's know where they are.

Yes, it's from Ikea. I think I've had it for at least 2 years. I got it just after they opened our Ikea--I haven't had a chance to get back until today. It's just 20 min. away, but I didn't want to take dc again. It's too much. Today I had lots of time all to myself and I think I looked at every single item they carry. :D

It's still in dd's closet, so I can't measure at the moment, but I know I wouldn't be able to get a whiteboard in the openings (they might be 6" max.).

FrontierMom--when you put pencils, erasers, pens, staplers, etc... in yours, do you just put them in loose, or are they contained in something else somehow?