Menu

Baby I babysit has no lunch

I remember skipping solids some days and just breastfeeding, at the very beginning of feeding solids. I just couldn't face that gross rice cereal! lol

I would check with her, as far as her plans for feeding. For me, 7 months is right at the "late" edge for beginning daily feeding of solids. Waiting too much past this can sometimes (sometimes--no tomatoes) lead to refusals to eat anything that has texture.

We exclusively breastfeed until at least six months of age. At around 6-7 mos my kids were introduced to food for exploration, and they really didn't eat a whole lot of solids until much closer to 12-14 mos old. At 7 mos, my babies were not getting solids daily. (My current 6.5 mo old has only had solids once - banana - and didn't respond well to it, so he'll likely be another month or so before we try again.)

Honestly, it really depends on what the mother is trying to do foodwise.

:iagree:I'd ask the mom. She may think that you are able to stretch the food over several days or she may be just introducing new stuff. If she thinks you are stretching food over several days, she will need to know that baby ate it all on day one.

We exclusively breastfeed until at least six months of age. At around 6-7 mos my kids were introduced to food for exploration, and they really didn't eat a whole lot of solids until much closer to 12-14 mos old. At 7 mos, my babies were not getting solids daily. (My current 6.5 mo old has only had solids once - banana - and didn't respond well to it, so he'll likely be another month or so before we try again.)

:iagree:My babies weren't really on solid diets until their first birthday... before that it was all supplementary "practice" and exploration.

:iagree:My babies weren't really on solid diets until their first birthday... before that it was all supplementary "practice" and exploration.

:iagree: