Menu

MUS Users

Mom0012

What was your experience with MUS Epsilon?  

1. 1. What was your experience with MUS Epsilon?

• It completely solidified my child's understanding of fractions.
    • It totally confused my child.
    • Other

I'm using R&S Math with my son and we're just about finished with the 4th grade book. I have MUS Epsilon and have been trying to decide whether to use this to increase his conceptual understanding. However, every time I decide to do this, I hear people saying that Epsilon was very confusing. So, what do you think?

Lisa

I was doing MUS with ds, but not dd because she was resistant. She had been in ps through fourth grade and thought fractions were the end of the world. I finally forced her to try Epsilon. Now she says fractions are easy! She is half way through the book and can add, subtract, multiply, divide, compare and reduce fractions all without blinking an eye. This child is very bright but has for 2 years thought fractions were going to somehow kill her. I love MUS Epsilon!

Btw, ds did well with it too. He never had the aversion to fractions, but is actually my less mathy child and really seemed to "get it" using Epsilon and the overlays.

The middle of the book was a bit difficult for my ds. I almost abandoned it too, but am very glad we stuck with it. He has a great understanding of fractions. We worked slowly through the lessons sometimes doing a half lesson only. My ds very much dislikes math, so I say if he can make it through anyone can with hard work.

Blessings,

Pat