Menu

Anyone have wood chairs from Ikea?

We are planning to refinish the round oak pedestal table we've had for 20 years. We have mismatched bow-back chairs around it now and want to replace them all. I know I might spend $70 or more per chair that I get. I want chairs that are solid, sturdy, and comfortable. And preferrably black. We will refinish the table top in stained wood, but paint the base black and I want black chairs to go with it. I have seen some solid chairs at World Market, but they are more expensive. Does anyone have any chairs from Ikea, the solid wood, classic style, not too modern? If so, how are they holding up?

I have black wooden chairs from Ikea that I use with my old pine farmhouse table. I don't know how the Ikea chairs will hold up over the years; they aren't heirloom quality. I think they still look nice after a couple of years, and none of use have wrecked them. They are not as solid looking as the table, of course, but I enjoy how they look together. They were not terribly expensive, so that's a plus.

These:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30125923

Edited by LibraryLover

Not exactly what you're asking about, but the Ikea chairs we have (white wooden chairs we use at our desks) are holding up very well structurally, but the paint work chips and wears off easily. We've had them two years, and they've moved country. They get used as climbing equipment and get dragged around and used to make forts etc so I think it's fair going! I will have to repaint them at some time, though.

We have Kaustby chairs in our kitchen. We ADORE them. They are very comfortable, and though they get HEAVY use, they haven't even so much as loosened a bit in the three years we've had them. They are much more comfortable than our dining room chairs, and we especially like the high back-- very comfortable. I'd highly recommend them.

Astrid

Not exactly what you're asking about, but the Ikea chairs we have (white wooden chairs we use at our desks) are holding up very well structurally, but the paint work chips and wears off easily. We've had them two years, and they've moved country. They get used as climbing equipment and get dragged around and used to make forts etc so I think it's fair going! I will have to repaint them at some time, though.

:iagree: with this. Our black Ikea chairs are chipping quite a bit. :( It's not a big deal as I didn't expect them to last years and years, but it does frustrate me to look at them every now and then. Like everything else that's from Ikea, I didn't expect much from them and they didn't disappoint. :) They're sturdy, functional and for the most part look great. That's all I wanted from them.