Menu

Complete preschool curriculum

Kissy

I want to use a full complete preschool curriculum for my younger child next year. Does anyone else use one and if so what do you use? Why do you love it? I am having a hard time piecing one together for him. he is ready to start learning stuff more than what we do and could be ready to read with more structured help. I am homeschooling a middle schooler too so I can't just keep piecing things. I need something more open and go for the little one. Thanks.

I'm using Itty Bitty Bookworm because I don't want to get into an overly academic program. I want a focus on books and crafts. It is a literature based curriculum that's just print and use. You can use what you want to use and ignore what you don't. Check out my blog for some of the activities that come with it.

Next year we're going to switch to MFW K, although she's just 4, it looks like it'll be on her level.

Letter of the week is good

I love Home Education Curriculum: Kindergarten (which is out of print but I see it for sale occasionally on ebay or homeschoolclassifieds.com for cheap). It's great because it covers all major academic areas and is gentle, fun, and full of reading and simple art and games.

I recently checked these out at our library and have really liked looking through them! If we don't use Letter of the Week, we'll likely use one of these:

Teach me mommy : a preschool learning guide / by Jill Dunford

Kindergarten teacher's month-by-month activities program / Elizabeth Crosby Stull and Carol Lewis Price.

I also really like the book "What Your Kindergartner Needs To Know" by the Core Knowledge foundation.... it's great!

Guest MurrellMom
I want to use a full complete preschool curriculum for my younger child next year. Does anyone else use one and if so what do you use? Why do you love it? I am having a hard time piecing one together for him. he is ready to start learning stuff more than what we do and could be ready to read with more structured help. I am homeschooling a middle schooler too so I can't just keep piecing things. I need something more open and go for the little one. Thanks.

Honestly, in my opinion - skip all of the curriculum. Just play play play - let the child follow you around and do whatever you do. When you go up stairs - count the stairs. When you set the plates on the table - count! Also, read read read! By 3-4 years of age, you can start getting into full chapter books with simple plots. No actual curriculum is needed - just have fun and enjoy your time together.